• 7(current)
Release [BETA] metroTV
Great work !
Waiting the final version, congrats !
Can I post mock-ups? I'm doing them as suggestions, don't get me wrong.
I'm too stupid to create skins. Also, I don't even know how to start.

Did you see your skin is similar to Immersive? Why don't you merge both skins? It would be something even more amazing!!

I got my photoshop working now, so I'll be posting mock-ups of what I think would be really good stuff.
If you want me to stop, just say it.

Thank you so much.
If you would like to post mock-ups then by all means. I am definitely open to suggestions.

I have seen Immersive and while I think what Sranshaft is doing is phenomenal, it doesn't mesh well with what I am trying to accomplish with metroTV. When it comes to metro style skins (which admittedly there are a few) I liken them to the myriad of Aeon based skins. Although they all have the same basic layout or look, there is one tailored to the needs of any specific user. Between metroTV, Immersive, Xperience1080 and the rest I think the metro style skins will serve a similar function.

With that said, I am not opposed to integrating similar functionality into metroTV (although the look will likely be slightly different), and if there is something you like in another skin that you think would fit in well here, let me know and I will look into it.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

I made this quick mockup, based on the Fanart List view. You would only get half as many movies on the screen at once, but it would be nice and simple and easy to read from the couch. Would you consider implementing something like this? I could even give it a shot if you pointed me in the right direction for which xml file I would need to edit.

Thanks

I like the Fanart List View better as it is now..i think the font is MUCH too big..doesnt fit in.
Time for a little update-

I am well on our way to the release of Alpha3 of metroTV, so I figured I would post a few pics to show the changes-

New Buttons Graphics
These new graphics are totally optional, and you can switch back to the translucent black in the settings menu.

Modified 50 List View
The modification had begun in Alpha2 but is now complete.

Modified Panel View
At the request of the users the Panel View has been modified to be closer to Neon's panel.

New Next Aired! View
With some help from Sranshaft a new Next Aired! View to replace the old view.

I am currently expecting Alpha3 to have much more new content than Alpha2 did. I am sure you will also notice support for TVLogos... this support will span all TV views. There will also be 5 new views added to the skin- Album Panel (Music), Songs (Music), Bannerlist (TV), Logo Fanart (TV), and 16x9 (Videos). The Music section will be largely completed after this release and the Weather and Pictures sections will be fleshed out quite a bit as well.

Looks amazing, can't wait to try it out Smile
That Panel View is better than anything I could have ever dreamed of Zexis! Thank you for taking my wishes on board and developing it. Smile It is exactly what I am after in a skin!
If the blurbs of writing saying things like Home.xml and VideoFullScreen.xml were removed, I'd use the Alpha 2 on my media box.
(2012-11-24, 21:14)Ziontek Wrote: If the blurbs of writing saying things like Home.xml and VideoFullScreen.xml were removed, I'd use the Alpha 2 on my media box.

Ziontek,

All you have to do is click "disable debug info" in the skin settings menu (submenu "debug").

Oh I never noticed that, Thanks!
I've had one issue with the fanart view where the background image gets stuck on one TV shows fanart. I switched to fanart view while looking at game of thrones and it stuck on the game of thrones fanart even when I switched to movies. I don't have the problem anymore, so it was just a loading issue that was fixed by restarting the program
Really looking forward to your release of Alpha 3.
So that's how you remove Home.xml and VideoFullScreen.xml ! Big Grin
What I would love to see added is a favorites tab showing all favorites I have stored from the video-addons (1channel, watchseries etc).
Now I always need to go to video add-ons and go to the plugin and watch for my favorites there....

Also a kind of RSS feed where your newly added favorites are being shown...so you don't have to check every favorite if there is a new show.

As I always watch streaming tv or use 1channel, and never download, I hate to go to video-addon - 1channel - favorites - american pickers - season X - episode X.

Would be nice if the newly added show turns up on rss, or on the UI. And even better....if you watched it...disappears from the RSS or UI...

just some random thoughts.....Smile
(2012-11-27, 23:37)OOge Wrote: What I would love to see added is a favorites tab showing all favorites I have stored from the video-addons (1channel, watchseries etc).
Now I always need to go to video add-ons and go to the plugin and watch for my favorites there....

Also a kind of RSS feed where your newly added favorites are being shown...so you don't have to check every favorite if there is a new show.

As I always watch streaming tv or use 1channel, and never download, I hate to go to video-addon - 1channel - favorites - american pickers - season X - episode X.

Would be nice if the newly added show turns up on rss, or on the UI. And even better....if you watched it...disappears from the RSS or UI...

just some random thoughts.....Smile

Those are all things a script would be needed for.
You know, you can access the Favorites from the shutdown menu from any screen- just press "S" Wink

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] metroTV23