• 8(current)
Release [BETA] metroTV
How come favourites are in the shutdown menu? lol that's the last place anyone would look
(2012-11-28, 02:22)loggio Wrote: How come favourites are in the shutdown menu? lol that's the last place anyone would look

Well, it is just referred to as the shutdown menu. There are several other options there as well, such as search, file manager, settings, and of course, favorites. This is largely because it is a universal "settings" menu and options that can be useful across all different sections can be placed here. This is actually pretty common among skin designs. Transparency, Nox, Neon, and several other skins all have similar setups.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

ahhh righto, i guess i never knew that. May actually come in handy, might map that to my remote now :-) cheers.
(2012-11-28, 05:07)ZexisStryfe Wrote: Well, it is just referred to as the shutdown menu. There are several other options there as well, such as search, file manager, settings, and of course, favorites. This is largely because it is a universal "settings" menu and options that can be useful across all different sections can be placed here. This is actually pretty common among skin designs. Transparency, Nox, Neon, and several other skins all have similar setups.

I usually throw all of those things into the PlayerControl.xml (see my Boxee Inspirat mod). Seems more logical to put it in there than to put into what should be, essentially, the shut down menu.

(2012-11-28, 05:41)Sranshaft Wrote: I usually throw all of those things into the PlayerControl.xml (see my Boxee Inspirat mod). Seems more logical to put it in there than to put into what should be, essentially, the shut down menu.

If they are in PlayerControl.xml, wouldn't that make them only accessible if something is playing?

(2012-11-28, 06:18)ZexisStryfe Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 05:41)Sranshaft Wrote: I usually throw all of those things into the PlayerControl.xml (see my Boxee Inspirat mod). Seems more logical to put it in there than to put into what should be, essentially, the shut down menu.

If they are in PlayerControl.xml, wouldn't that make them only accessible if something is playing?

No. Works regardless of something playing or not. At least it works in the Boxee Inspirat mod I did unless they changed something between Eden and Frodo.

Edit: Just checked and it is indeed still working properly.
(2012-11-28, 00:33)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 23:37)OOge Wrote: What I would love to see added is a favorites tab showing all favorites I have stored from the video-addons (1channel, watchseries etc).
Now I always need to go to video add-ons and go to the plugin and watch for my favorites there....

Also a kind of RSS feed where your newly added favorites are being shown...so you don't have to check every favorite if there is a new show.

As I always watch streaming tv or use 1channel, and never download, I hate to go to video-addon - 1channel - favorites - american pickers - season X - episode X.

Would be nice if the newly added show turns up on rss, or on the UI. And even better....if you watched it...disappears from the RSS or UI...

just some random thoughts.....Smile

Those are all things a script would be needed for.

I have no doubt a script can do that. But I'm not a scripter Smile.
So if it could be added in MetroTV, it would be nice. Imagine fanarts from your favorite show as a tile. And not 6 tiles, I have more shows Smile
(2012-11-28, 10:27)OOge Wrote: I have no doubt a script can do that. But I'm not a scripter Smile.
So if it could be added in MetroTV, it would be nice. Imagine fanarts from your favorite show as a tile. And not 6 tiles, I have more shows Smile

The problem is someone is still going to have to make a script for that. As Zexis stated before, you can always toss those into the Favourite dialog as well. From there you can change the image that is used for the favourite entry to the fanart of the TV show.

I will state that after Alpha/Beta completes one of the first things on my list is home screen customization. With this customization it would be possible to add some of the things you are asking for on the home screen.

I really love this new layout.
I only have a small problem, with the Movie Sets art, Since I use http://dl.dropbox.com/u/841137/gallery%2...llery.html
They look up really weird.

Any sugestions?
Looking forward to alpha 0.3

Keep up the good work.
Quokka
Awesome, I love that skin !!
Really, I was using Cirrus extended light for its "right list" layout. I'm really enjoy light skin with big fanart :-)

But I have some remarks and bugs (I'm using openelec frodo build):

- In Movies/TV show, when showing view options, the menu is not navigable with arrows key on a remote (can't access to "sort" and "other" sections)
- Also date is too big in French and it overlap the time in the bottom-right box. I guess it's OK in english but when the date is "mercredi, décembre 05" it's too wide
- In fanart view, I can see plot of the film behind the list

Improvement:
-On homescreen, the experience is not uniform. On some item, you need to select a libray tile( movies, shows,...) , on other you have to select the menu item (weather, picture,...)
-Here are the options I would like :
  • Hide library tiles or display them as a sub item
  • Personalised Backdrops
(2012-12-06, 01:22)ramouch0 Wrote: But I have some remarks and bugs (I'm using openelec frodo build):

- In Movies/TV show, when showing view options, the menu is not navigable with arrows key on a remote (can't access to "sort" and "other" sections)
- Also date is too big in French and it overlap the time in the bottom-right box. I guess it's OK in english but when the date is "mercredi, décembre 05" it's too wide
- In fanart view, I can see plot of the film behind the list

Improvement:
-On homescreen, the experience is not uniform. On some item, you need to select a libray tile( movies, shows,...) , on other you have to select the menu item (weather, picture,...)
-Here are the options I would like :
  • Hide library tiles or display them as a sub item
  • Personalised Backdrops

I haven't begun testing with Frodo yet but i can look at these errors.

- I will see if I can replicate this problem with the view options.
- I have run into translation spacing errors with another user. I am aware of them and will be making an effort to squash them come Beta.
- The plot issue is resolved in Alpha3.
- The home menu inconsistencies are also resolved in Alpha3.

I really dig this skin, however, I have trouble reading the fonts from a distance on my 42" TV. Might be just my bad eyes but is there any chance of having an option to use bigger fonts in the future?

Thanks for the great skin,
Hey, great theme here. This is actually the reason I am switching my HTPC over to XBMC. Anyways, on my screen I see the page file name in the top corner. Is there any way to get rid of this?

(2012-12-12, 06:57)alexmourer Wrote: Hey, great theme here. This is actually the reason I am switching my HTPC over to XBMC. Anyways, on my screen I see the page file name in the top corner. Is there any way to get rid of this?

Alex,

Thanks for the great compliment. If you go into the settings, then to skin and then to debug you need to select "disable debug info". That will turn off the xml information for you.

• 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] metroTV23