My Habey A6 Build
I finally was able to get everything together the way I wanted it so I thought I would post a few pictures of the build. Thanks to everyone on the forum for some great information on getting an HTPC together. Things seem to be working well after a few slight modification to the case. I added some holes to the lid as well as cut down the tray that holda the slim blu-ray drive. Also I wanted to put the IR sensor on the inside so I added an IR hole and a USB port on the side as well. I painted that nasty white cover with same matte black spray paint. Temps seem to be around 55C with the stock heatsink. XBMC is great.

fantastic!
(2012-08-24, 21:31)FNwoz Wrote: Things seem to be working well after a few slight modification to the case. I added some holes to the lid ... I painted that nasty white cover with same matte black spray paint.
Your photos got me all excited because I thought there was finally a Habey case with adequate top ventilation and a black version of the ODD slot-load model! Sigh.

You did a great job with the mods, by the way. Nice looking case now!

Thanks a lot. Yeah it is a great case once you make a few modifications to it. It is amazing how much heat the whole case absorbs while it is on.
(2012-08-24, 22:29)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-08-24, 21:31)FNwoz Wrote: Things seem to be working well after a few slight modification to the case. I added some holes to the lid ... I painted that nasty white cover with same matte black spray paint.
Your photos got me all excited because I thought there was finally a Habey case with adequate top ventilation and a black version of the ODD slot-load model! Sigh.

You did a great job with the mods, by the way. Nice looking case now!

The same manufacturer that makes the Habey 800 & 600 also make this case that is as you describe Ei7 mini-itx computer case.

Agreed - great modz. Your lid looks like the one I designed and posted at AVSForum. It's how they have them on the e-mini series.
Spec? Your mods are how the case should have been produced in the first place! Even the E-17 doesn't have a IR receiver gap at the front.
Nice! Great job on making the vents on top look like the case was shipped that way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Habey A6 Build0