Stop Option
Can I add a "stop" option in System/Power Saving/Shutdown Function?
I wish that "shutdown function timer" don't shutdown but stops XBMC from any playback
Can someone help me?
Thanks
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

The "Shutdown function timer" only applies if XBMC is idle for the specified period of time. If XBMC is playing media, then it is not idle and the corresponding "Shutdown function" (Quit, Minimize, Suspend, Shutdown, or your proposed/hypothetical "Stop playback" option) will not be invoked. There is the "Custom shutdown timer" that will shutdown the system after the specified number of minutes regardless of activity, but this won't satisfy your requirement either since you don't want to shutdown the system.
But "Custom shutdown timer" depends from "Shutdown function". If I set "suspend" in "Shutdown function" when "Custom shutdown timer" acts the computer will go in suspend. Am I right?
No, "Custom shutdown timer" is absolute... the countdown starts immediately when this is set and it will shutdown (power-off) the system when the set time has elapsed regardless of what XBMC may or may not be doing at the time (e.g., right in the middle of watching a video). On the other hand, the "Shutdown function timer" will not start counting down until XBMC is idle. When the specified amount of idle time has elapsed, then the user-specified "Shutdown function" (Quit, Suspend, Shutdown, etc.) will be invoked. If you're listening to music or watching a video, the shutdown function timer doesn't start.
I understand.
I change my question: can I change the "Custom shutdown timer" action?
Thanks
You could probably make the AlarmClock function do what you want. You can find some more about how you can use this here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._Functions

AlarmClock(name,command,time[,silent,loop])
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
It was very simple:
1. Open C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\DialogButtonMenu.xml
2. In button id=4 change command after "shutdowntimer"

<onclick>XBMC.AlarmClock(shutdowntimer,XBMC.PlayerControl(Stop))</onclick>
Nice. I've never used the AlarmClock function before, but your implementation has piqued my curiosity about using this function in my setup somehow.
(2012-08-25, 16:26)dtweb Wrote: It was very simple:
1. Open C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\DialogButtonMenu.xml
2. In button id=4 change command after "shutdowntimer"

<onclick>XBMC.AlarmClock(shutdowntimer,XBMC.PlayerControl(Stop))</onclick>

Thanks for the tip, used:
<onclick>XBMC.AlarmClock(shutdowntimer,XBMC.Quit())</onclick>

XBMC will now exit when using System Shutdown Timer, instead of powering down the entire system.

Hi

I use XBMC on my raspberry pi. Do you know if this is possible on there as well? And if so how do i set it up?

Note: i know very basic commands so any help is very helpful

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop Option0