Hardware setup
The principle driver to this thread is that I am having some problems with my audio.

Running W7 64Bit, with an i3 core.

I have no audio. When I go to the sound icon in the taskbar, and click on it, I get a spinning disk and "not responding". When I go to the control panel and try to open up the sound devices, there is no response. I have downloaded new drivers. No effect.

A little background:
I had previously had my media drives in different PC which was acting as a dedicated server. But, for now questionable reasoning I have moved the drives to my 'office' pc. Therefore this is acting as my server and light browsing duties, and HTPC. The sound had been working, even after the move. It has just stopped.

Questions:
1. Anyone got any ideas what might be wrong?
2. I have a VERTEX SSD running my W7 OS. I have 3 HDD's which are my storage drives.
When I look at the CMOS setup, I see that the Vertex indicated as a SLAVE and one of the HDD's is the master.
What is the significance of this?

3. Also when I check the disk management, I find that "disk 0" is assigned to one of the HDD's. Should "disk 0" be assigned to the SSD?
Should it not be the other way around, and have the SSD as the master and HDD's as the slave.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware setup0