Eden Crashes When running anything
This is my first go with XBMC, I was really excited about it but have run into nothing but problems.

I am running xbmcubuntu on a zotac zbox. When I installed it, videos worked but other stuff didn't. As I was figuring out the other stuff, like adding a browser which I cant figure out, or netflix, it seems that now nothing works. Everytime i click on anything to run such as an addon video or my music or video collection, it gives a black screen for a minute and then goes to the home screen where it says downloading tv information scanning for new content. and the video never plays. I assume thats xbmc crashing.

I am about to reformat and redo the whole thing so that the videos will work again. It's the only thing i can think of. Any suggestions? Thanks! I also don't know how to boot into ubuntu like I've read people talk about. When I press the key, it asks for a password that i dont have or can't figure out.

Any help would be much appreciated.
For getting help it is necessary posting a full debug log. So the cracks in here maybe see what´s going wrong.

To get into XBMCbuntu you will go to the button that shutdown the HTPC. But don´t choose "shutdown"! You have to chose "leave" or anything else. I don´t know surely how this button is named in english. Then your getting a new login-page. There is a pulldown-menu where you are able to take XBMCbuntu instead of XBMC. Enter the password, that you have entered by the installation progress. You must have entered a password as you installed the software. This is the one what is asked for. Then you might be in XBMCbuntu.

Reformat and redo the whole thing might be the best solution. If video works and other stuff didn´t, you´re able to post the debug logs before changing anything for yourself. So the guys here probably can give better help.

Cheers
To clarify David1977's excellent post, the English version is labeled "Exit" on the Shutdown menu... that option will take you to the log-in screen.

A couple of other comments:
  • The Chromium web browser is installed by default in XBMCbuntu. If you prefer Firefox (or any other compatible web browser), you can switch to the XBMCbuntu desktop (explained by David1977) and select Start menu > System Tools > Synaptic Package Manager and use it to install the desired web browser. There are many threads/posts that explain how you can launch a web browser from within XBMC (use the forum Search to locate these).
  • NetFlix doesn't work in XBMCbuntu or Linux in general. Hulu, Hulu Plus and Amazon Prime do.
how do i post or get a dubug log?

what does it mean that every time i play anything it just hangs and then goes to the home screen?
(2012-08-26, 21:00)jlothman Wrote: how do i post or get a dubug log?
See here: debug log (wiki)
Quote:what does it mean that every time i play anything it just hangs and then goes to the home screen?
That's what we're hoping to find out from the debug log (wiki).

My debug log is far too long to fit in here it says. How do I post it?

How come when i restart with my usb flash drive with xbmcubuntu, it doesn't boot into trying to install xbmcubuntu like it did when I first installed it on this clean ssd? I even changed the bios to boot from the USB first. By the way, how do i get into the bios menu in xbmcubuntu?

Thanks for your help!
(2012-08-26, 21:10)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 21:00)jlothman Wrote: how do i post or get a dubug log?
See here: debug log (wiki)
Quote:what does it mean that every time i play anything it just hangs and then goes to the home screen?
That's what we're hoping to find out from the debug log (wiki).

What is the key to boot into the bios and change the boot priority? I wanna reformat and see if that works but I can't figure how to format!
(2012-08-27, 00:12)jlothman Wrote: My debug log is far too long to fit in here it says. How do I post it?
Please read the debug log (wiki) link that I've twice (now, three times) asked you to read. It tells you where to upload the file and to post the URL for the uploaded file here with your reply.
(2012-08-29, 03:20)jlothman Wrote: What is the key to boot into the bios and change the boot priority?

Please refer to the User Manual provided with your system or motherboard. Typically, the Esc, Del or one of the Fn keys is used to access the BIOS at system boot... but, again, your User Manual will tell you specifically which key to use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden Crashes When running anything0