• 4(current)
Win HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)
Here it is https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30655053/channel_cache.json
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2012-09-03, 19:09)Dilligaf Wrote: Just had a thought. Does the program selection in HDHomerun setup utility affect the scan output format? Is it just a matter of changing the program selection to get it working with your utility?

If I understand you correctly, no it shouldn't need that. All my program is doing is looking at the same output that you see in the scan results file and parsing any found channels from it. What I am looking for now is differences in the output from your scan vs mine.

Do you have the latest firmware on the HDHR boxes?
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

I had the firmware from 04/2012 which is the latest release, while trying to sort this issue I updated to the beta firmware 20120820beta1
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
k, give me a few minutes to write a quick processor to churn through your output file and see whats going on.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Figured it out. I will post an updated version in just a minute.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Cool, thank you immensely.
Here is the updated version with the fix for OTA HDHR devices.

HDHomerun Stream Builder - v0.1.2

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

OK, it's almost perfect Smile I don't know how far you want to go with this but.... I have about 10 channels that I can receive that don't broadcast their ID (the ones I manually edited in one of the files) Your program is missing the ability to see all detected streams and manually associate them with a listing in the xmltv.xml file. I tried tools>advanced>load output txt and loaded my manually edited file but as I had just added the station call letters and not the number they still didn't show up. I know I can get the numbers from the .xml file and add them too which will probably work but if all this could be done within the gui it would be perfect. If you don't want to go there then it's all good.

PS One of these channels is the Discovery channel which is one of my favorites
I wouldn't mind adding the features but I would need your help in the details about these channels that do not show up in the scan. Are you really saying that the discovery channel is available for you over the air? What city are you in? I thought that was a cable only channel.

So you would like to see an ability to add a channel manually and have it build the stream file for it too? Where would you get the proxy and channel number from? If the HDHR does not find it in a scan where does it come from?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

I have Comcast Internet and part of the deal is that you can pull whatever clear QAM off the cable. Discovery is one of them. The scan files I posted are from the comcast cable hooked directly to the HDHomerun (non prime). DSC is 71.9, AMC is 71.8 there are several channels in the hdhrscan_results1.txt that I added call letters (in red below) to but left the channel numbers at 0 looks like this:

SCANNING: 507000000 (us-irc:71, us-cable:71)
LOCK: qam256 (ss=81 snq=100 seq=100)
TSID: 0x006B
PROGRAM 1: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 2: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 3: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 4: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 5: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 6: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 7: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 8: 0 AMC
PROGRAM 9: 0 DSC
PROGRAM 10: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 11: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 12: 0 (encrypted)

In the original scan file the space for call letters was just blank. Ideally the program would show these blank channels and allow you to manually associate them with a channel in the xmltv_full.xml file. Hope this makes sense.
I think I got most of it done, just need a sample XML tv file with the channels above. Since those files can be so large, please remove any episode elements from the xml file first, then post it.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Here's the channel section of xmltv_full.xml https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30655053/channel.xml what would be good is to parse this file and obtain a list of stations to select which one is to be associated with the blank channels in a scan here is a raw (unedited) scan file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30655053/hdhrscan_results.txt

EDIT Of course the blank channel listing in your program will need to list the frequency eg. 71.8 71.9 in order to select the correct guide listing manually
In your post above you put DSC (The Discovery Channel) on channel 71 but in the XMLTV file you posted it is on 25. The app relies on the channel numbers matching so it can pull in the additional channel info from the XMLTV file. Is that a slight oversight on your part or are they truly different?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Newest version is released as v0.2

This version allows for the manual adding of channels. There are a number of other various fixes like 6 tuner support, saving the device and tuner values, override of tuner and device values in the output strm paths, and a few more advanced manual features for Dilligaf (see posts above).

It can be downloaded here: HDHomerun Stream Builder - v0.2.zip

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

The tuning frequency of DSC is 71.9, in the guide xml file it refers to it as "25 DSC" I think it would be channel 25 if tuning it on a cable box, but tuning it on a clear QAM tuner such as the HDHomerun it is 71.9 (channel 71 subchannel 9). What needs to be done is when a scan finds a blank channel such as 71.9 in hdhrscan_results.txt it needs to be displayed in the output as the frequency (71.9) and allow the user to select a channel from xmltv_full.xml to associate it with. There is no way to automate this as it is relying on the user to identify what the blank channel is. When the user is presented with a tuning frequency he can manually tune it in HDHomerun_config(GUI) and identify what channel it is, then select the appropriate guide data.

Or just add a column that displays frequencies for all channels
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)0