• 6(current)
Win HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)
OK, When I import an output txt file it's awesome, all the 0 channels show, I can right click and select modify, it shows the channel and sub channel, I can open hdhomerun_config_gui.exe and manually tune the channel and watch tv to figure out which channel it is and then enter the channel name in the modify screen. Then save the .strm files. WORKING PERFECTLY!!!!!

Now the problems, when I do a channel scan like 99% of the people using this program will do it is still filtering out the 0 channels, they don't show up on the screen when the scan completes. Only channels that broadcast their ID show up. I think the problem is when it runs mc2xml at the end of the scan the unidentified channels get ignored. Is it possible to separate the channel scan from the mc2xml matching?

1) Do the channel scan and display the results. (GUI button to select scan hdhomerun for channels)
2)manually edit 0 channels assigning names to them. (Done in display)
3) run mc2xml and let it match channels to names, hopefully if the 0 channels have been edited correctly it will assign the appropriate guide to them as well (Separate GUI button to match guide data to channel name)
4) After match attempt rather than eliminating unmatched channels from screen have some sort of indicator showing matched and unmatched channels (highlight rows or whatever)
5) At this point the user can choose what channels to keep and what channels to dump/ignore

Another possibility is to run the mc2xml matching initially but still display the unmatched channels after the match is run.

Hope you can understand what I'm saying. As I said before if you don't want to go there then don't the current functionality works great for me. It is the people that don't realize/know that there are more channels available that are losing out and if it's worth doing then it's worth doing right, at least that's what my mom always told me
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
I got about 10 words into your post and remembered that I forgot to take out some debug code I was using that only enabled the fix on the advanced menu option and not on a full scan. That has been fixed and I updated the v0.3 file so just download the same zip again. Sorry about that!

Now to read the rest of your post...
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

You can manually perform the refresh of extra channel info from the XMLTV_full file by choosing Tools > Advanced > Refresh Channel Data

Does that help you do what you need, or is there something else that would need to be broken out?

What about an alternative scanning technique that could tell if there is actually something being broadcast? I am thinking we could tie into the streams from the device and look for data. I really have no idea if that would work or not or how I would do it, but it's an idea. That way you could perform a secondary scan for channels that actually have something, and wouldn't have to manually do it from the gui tool.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

OK, ignore the last post. The second 0.3 download is working perfectly. Now for a few simple suggestions.

1)advise people that if the program loses focus it may appear to freeze but is in fact still working in the background, give it time to finish

2) Put an explanation of what 0 channels are in the options selection something like "0 channels on Comcast and possibly other systems are active channels that for whatever reason do not broadcast their ID, the user can tune these channels with hdhomerun_config_gui to manually identify them and edit the listing accordingly'"

3) Maybe not so simple, a right click option to open the channel in hdhomerun_config_gui, or even better open the stream in VLC or whatever

Anyways awesome work and customer service Smile it's been a pleasure working with you and thank you from the bottom of my heart
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Great suggestions. I'll get them in the next version. Thanks and take care!

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

After playing for a couple days only thing to add is the ability to specify the strm directory location. I have a multiseat setup running MySql and a shared directory on my server for .strm files that is specified in sources.xml. This program points TvGuide to its local .strm files, the ability to specify where to make the .strm files, including a network share, would make all installations work simply by copying the script.tvguide folder to them.

PS. Now that PVR is merged a PVR addon for the HDHomerun would be awesome. All the PVR addons rely on a backend but with the HDHomerun serving streams there is no real need for a backend, just the ability to record/timeshift the stream. If I had any coding ability I would look into it myself. The TV Guide addon is almost there, it just lacks recording/timeshifting, maybe I should make a suggestion in its thread.
Good idea about the strm file location. I will parse it from the tvguide settings then.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

(2012-09-05, 23:11)Dilligaf Wrote: The TV Guide addon is almost there, it just lacks recording/timeshifting, maybe I should make a suggestion in its thread.

Not Possible, if you want to record use mce or 4trecord...
I've made some changes to tvguide to allow fanart, banners from epg data.. Basically using enhanced xmltv files with tvdb and imdb data, when it's out of alpha i'll push to git!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
New version released as v0.4

You can download it here: HDHomerun Stream Builder - v0.4.zip

Changes
Fixed a bug in the channel scan that was ignoring the discovered device and not scanning properly
Added ability to configure the strm file directory
Added the merged XMLTV channel id to the onscreen grid to indicate channels that did have a matching XMLTV channel (it will be blank if no match was found)

More Info
The strm file directory will get a subfolder automatically created for the tuner currently selected. Below is a screenshot from the output. To produce strm files for each tuner, choose the tuner you want to export for in the interface, then choose File > Export.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

New version released as v0.5

You can download it here: HDHomerun Stream Builder - v0.5.zip

Changes
Added channel preview both internally (seems to be flaky using the VLC API) and externally by launching VLC player in another window

More Info
To preview a channel, right click on it in the list and choose Preview Channel.
To skip to a channel click on any channel and type the channel number on your keyboard.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Cool, I'll check it out as soon as I'm done reloading my PC. I've gone through 2 SSDs in the last year, kind of the price you pay for living on the edge Smile
Tried V0.5 and it won't launch. V0.3 launches OK. Do I need to install something? Maybe VLC (it just came to me).......off to install.

EDIT: That did it
Ah ya. Didn't realize not having it would prevent the whole app from launching though. What message did you get?

I have been having trouble getting the internal preview working again. It worked this afternoon but now it just does nothing. I swear I don't think unchanged anything in the code since it last worked but I guess it's possible. Let me know if internal preview works for you so I can get a sanity check.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

OK, works great. One thing, when writing the .chl file the manually identified channels usually wont have a virtual channel number added so the channel name needs to be written to the .chl file. Probably the easiest way to do this is to have each channel write 2 lines to the .chl file, first line would be the virtual number and the second would be the channel name. The channels that have both a name and number should still only pull one listing as they will end up calling the same listing. Only side affect would be either blank lines or 0 lines in the .chl file.

Get a bunch of errors popping up when writing to the TV Guide plugin "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" I am using a network share as the strm file location in settings.

Typo in output "Updatung TVGuide settings.xml"

Got no message when VLC wasn't installed, just didn't launch. Internal viewer didn't work for me. External worked great.
Great feedback. Thanks. I'll take a look at that stuff in my next round of changes.

I may start spending some time on a hdhomerun pvr addon instead here real soon. I've been getting familiar with the pvr addon API. It doesn't look too complicated and frankly, I would love to see something for live tv only that doesn't require a backend. How about you?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)0