Win nox 3.5 and alpha 4
when i play music and i go to now playing the screen freezes but i still have audio, everthing within xbmc becomes unusable and i get the message waiting for program to respond followed by me closing xbmc!
Have tried this using the default confluence skin and this does not happen, any help appreciated Smile

using alpha 4 xbcm
....and where is the debug log?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
First there is no such thing XBCM!
Second read this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1161183
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-08-26, 16:16)Martijn Wrote: First there is no such thing XBCM!
Second read this:

i do apologise for a typo, mistakes do happen!

And i just wondered if others were using it with the alphas and if any one had seen similar issues as to whether it may have been resolved/looked into, so sorry for providing feedback, the skin itself looks amazing.
(2012-08-26, 20:44)Atomic7431 Wrote:
Second read this:

And i just wondered if others were using it with the alphas and if any one had seen similar issues as to whether it may have been resolved/looked into, so sorry for providing feedback, the skin itself looks amazing.

You should still try to provide a log if possible. This would help future users who encounters similar problems.
(2012-08-26, 23:44)prawnee Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 20:44)Atomic7431 Wrote:
Second read this:

You should still try to provide a log if possible. This would help future users who encounters similar problems.

if it just freezes i doubt a Debug Log would tell anything
Don't blame a skin for freezing if you are using alpha versions because it could be XBMC itself.
Try alpha3
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-08-26, 23:56)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 23:44)prawnee Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 20:44)Atomic7431 Wrote: i do apologise for a typo, mistakes do happen!

if it just freezes i doubt a debug log would tell anything
Don't blame a skin for freezing if you are using alpha versions because it could be XBMC itself.
Try alpha3

as stated it does not happen with the default confluence skin!
(2012-08-27, 10:06)Atomic7431 Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 23:56)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 23:44)prawnee Wrote: You should still try to provide a log if possible. This would help future users who encounters similar problems.

if it just freezes i doubt a debug log would tell anything
Try alpha3

You really should not compare aeon nox with default confluence.

Confluence has no support for all the additional scripts aeon nox and other skins have.

Neither Phil or myself develop on frodo atm and are using eden on our main htpc's. If you want a stable experience, please stick to that platform. Soon 3.6 will be released, after that 4.0 will be developed on frodo and only then will that platform be officially supported by us. We do not have the time our resources to support two different versions of the skin.
(2012-08-27, 10:43)butchabay Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 10:06)Atomic7431 Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 23:56)Martijn Wrote: if it just freezes i doubt a debug log would tell anything
Try alpha3

You really should not compare aeon nox with default confluence.

Confluence has no support for all the additional scripts aeon nox and other skins have.

I wasnt comparing the skins just saying that alpha 4 xbmc works fine with confluence and so the particular problem seems to be with the nox skin, I am now fully aware this version of nox is not supported with frodo and will await version 4 of nox. The skin looks great and cant wait for a frodo version as i use frodo on a regular basis because of various reasons including the audio engine it now has which best suits my amp etc.
There are no relevant skinning changes between eden and frodo to bring xbmc to crash. I'm 99% sure it's a script compatibility problem with frodo and not nox.

That's why confluence works fine, as said confluence dosen't run a bunch of scripts in the background, nox does.

Maybe you could try to disable the scripts/addon and see what happens.

I'm running Aeon Nox on Alpha 4 on Win7 and have uninstalled the following addons, TV Tunes, Movie Sets (no longer needed with the introduction and flexibility of tags). I only use XBMC to playback videos and have only suffered the occasional freeze when scrolling through my library.

Apart from that the only other difference I've noticed so far is that background widget playlist fanart doesn't work on Frodo.

However the changes to how artwork is handled in Frodo means that once it's all cached it's much quicker when you set things like Extra Fanart and Use Logo instead of Title for the Shift viewtype which I disabled under Eden because the artwork would often lag when scrolling through.

I can live with these minor differences as I love AE, Tags and the way recently added movies are stored in the DB.
Primary reason I use the alphas is the way artwork is stored in the db.
this aids my MYSQL, since i no longer have to use path substitutions, and makes adding or rebuilding a machine so much faster.
(2012-08-27, 11:27)Big_Noid Wrote: Neither Phil or myself develop on frodo atm and are using eden on our main htpc's. If you want a stable experience, please stick to that platform. Soon 3.6 will be released, after that 4.0 will be developed on frodo and only then will that platform be officially supported by us. We do not have the time our resources to support two different versions of the skin.

Exactly. Some people just don't seem to realise how much effort it takes to maintain a skin, especially a skin so complex like Nox. The process of developing and supporting a skin is really time consuming, so making such statements as this user did and demanding support for alpha versions is in my opinion really unfair. We should be really thankful that both Big Noid and Phil still have the time and specially the motivation to keep such an awesome progress. The skin is just getting better and better every time.
(2012-08-28, 08:27)Myrddraal Wrote: Exactly. Some people just don't seem to realise how much effort it takes to maintain a skin, especially a skin so complex like Nox. The process of developing and supporting a skin is really time consuming, so making such statements as this user did and demanding support for alpha versions is in my opinion really unfair. We should be really thankful that both Big Noid and Phil still have the time and specially the motivation to keep such an awesome progress. The skin is just getting better and better every time.

I presume this was partly aimed at me, and if so i never demanded support for alpha versions, i was giving feedback and asking if others had experienced the same issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nox 3.5 and alpha 40