Posters in XBMC don't match posters in folder
EDIT: Hmmm, I see now that my movie folders also have .tbn files, which seem to match the actual posters I have set in XBMC. So now my question is: If I ever need to import my XBMC library, will I have the option to choose whether it uses Avatar.tbn or poster.jpg?

Hi all.

Odd problem here: I recently exported my XBMC library, but I noticed that in many cases the poster.jpg exported to the individual movie folders doesn't actually match the posters as I have them set in XBMC. (For example, I manually set my poster for Avatar, but the poster.jpg in the Avatar folder doesn't match what I see in XBMC.)

I think this might be a conflict with Artwork Downloader. I set almost all of the movie posters by going Info->Get Thumb. I really only used Artwork Downloader to get movie logos, but I think it automatically downloaded posters and fanart and saved them to my individual movie folders.

So my question is: How can I make sure than when I export my XBMC library that it's saving everything EXACTLY as it's set in XBMC?

Skins should have an option on the side that reads "Use poster.jpg for poster view types". I assume that would force xbmc to use the jpg rather than the tbn.
XBMC doesn't use poster.jpg. Some skins use it, but that's an unsupported use of pulling a picture directly from the folder without XBMC's knowledge - it won't always work (though works in most cases that you probably won't hit the "bad" cases).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks guys Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Posters in XBMC don't match posters in folder0