overscan not working while watching movie
hello,

I am new to the forums and everything HTPC for that matter. I am having an issue with the aspect ratio in xbmc. I set overscan to 0 in my AMD graphics suite which filled my entire projection screen. However, this setting is lost whenever I play a movie in XBMC. If I pull up a menu while watching the movie, the overscan will work again. It only occurs while in full screen mode watching a movie. Any help? I am running windows 7 btw. Thanks in advance.
Presume you are using "Adjust display refresh rate to match video", if so you will have to set the overscan setting for each refresh rate you use in xbmc. Changes in overscan are not set globally, unless you are using CCC 12.8 (which I understand fixes the issue).
thanks for the input steelman. how would I set the overscan for each refresh rate? thanks!
the latest ccc (I believe) has the default overscan set to 0 for all res/frame rate combos. Try updating the amd driver

if that doesn't work, in windows, manually change the frame rate, and set overscan to 0 in catalyst for all frame rates you might use (30Hz, 24Hz, 25Hz, etc)

(2012-08-27, 16:06)azula Wrote: thanks for the input steelman. how would I set the overscan for each refresh rate? thanks!
As explained by aptalca. CCC then Desktop Management\Desktop Properties, set refresh rate, save. Then My Digital Flat-Panels\Scaling Options (Digital Flat-Panel).

Would take aptalca's advice though and try to update the drivers first. Let us know how you get on.
(2012-08-27, 16:15)aptalca Wrote: the latest ccc (I believe) has the default overscan set to 0 for all res/frame rate combos. Try updating the amd driver

if that doesn't work, in windows, manually change the frame rate, and set overscan to 0 in catalyst for all frame rates you might use (30Hz, 24Hz, 25Hz, etc)

(2012-08-27, 16:35)steelman1991 Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 16:06)azula Wrote: thanks for the input steelman. how would I set the overscan for each refresh rate? thanks!
As explained by aptalca. CCC then Desktop Management\Desktop Properties, set refresh rate, save. Then My Digital Flat-Panels\Scaling Options (Digital Flat-Panel).

Would take aptalca's advice though and try to update the drivers first. Let us know how you get on.

These 100% worked! I went into the AMD graphics suite and manually saved overscan settings for 24hz 50hz and 60hz. thanks so much for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
overscan not working while watching movie0