Remote share: Error 2
Exclamation 
Hi everyone. I try to set up my first XMBC after running Plex for some time. But I have some trouble connecting to my HDD on my wifi.

My set up is:

# ATV 2gn 5.0.2 with XBMC v11.0 "Eden"

# AirPort Extreme with a external HDD connected with USB

The problem is to connect to the HDD over the wifi. I have read several articles about how to do this, watched al the youtube videos and what to do if it's not working, asked my friends and so on. After several hours I give up. I have tried to ad the source manual with ip address and with browsing the (SMB) but then I get "Error 2" and when I try to browse in to zeroconf I can clearly se My iMac and my Airport Extreme both the (AFP) and the (SAMBA) the problem is that nothing happens when i select them (APE). The iMac works fine. But one time it just worked fore me and I could load my moves and I could play them. I did nothing special then. Five minutes later its al down again. I have tested al the different settings on the APE. with password on the disk, on the device and with username. The problem is when I use username and password I cant se the subfolders from my iMac. But when I set secure mode to " with a disk password" It works fine and this is how I had it the one time I could connect. What do I do wrong? Is there something I have forgotten? (The wifi works fine otherwise. The ATV connects to the internet just fine)

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7400

/ Kind Regards

post a new log with debugging turned on (settings->system->debugging).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-08-27, 21:01)Memphiz Wrote: post a new log with debugging turned on (settings->system->debugging).

Sorry. It's all so new to me. Here it is: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7518
You tried:

afp://10.0.1.1:548/AirDisk/FILM/

This one fails because your afp server doesn't support anonymous authentication (or is not configured for it).

Then you tried:

afp://UsernameTongueassword@airport extreme/airdisk/

Here it can't resolve the "airport extreme" which is not a valid hostname.

You should try:

afp://UsernameTongue[email protected]/airdisk/

Keep in mind that the share (AirDisk) might be case sensitive. I'm just saying because you once tried AirDisk and once airdisk.

The mix off all of this might reveal the working configuration - but tbh you have done this configuration - you should know how AirDisk has to be written Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-08-29, 12:47)Memphiz Wrote: You tried:

This one fails because your afp server doesn't support anonymous authentication (or is not configured for it).

Then you tried:

afp://UsernameTongueassword@airport extreme/airdisk/

Here it can't resolve the "airport extreme" which is not a valid hostname.

You should try:

Keep in mind that the share (AirDisk) might be case sensitive. I'm just saying because you once tried AirDisk and once airdisk.

The mix off all of this might reveal the working configuration - but tbh you have done this configuration - you should know how AirDisk has to be written Wink

I just tested: afp://UsernameTongue[email protected]/airdisk/ And nothing good came out of that. This time I typed in the source direct after choosing "add source" in the file manger. The other times I have browsed and used the different options there is. Like the "add new network connection..." and follow some guides on youtube. And that’s why I tested the different inputs. Because I didn't know any better and that’s why I tested both airdisk & AirDisk. Now I tested to browse in to "zeroconf" and it just worked! Just like the one time before. I could load sources, watch movies and so on… But it last fore some munities and then it al dead again!!! Sad

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7523

Never mind! I found the problem my self from the log files! It should be: afp://10.0.1.1:548/AirDisk/FILM/ So the :548 was missing out. But that not easy to know! Wink

Thanks any way!
Wrong conclusion. the 548 is added implicitly automatically. Its definitly not your issue. But as long as it keeps working for you now - all fine.
There is also a change in capitalization of AirDisk in the paths - maybe this was the issue?

versus
That sounds more like it could be the cause - yes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote share: Error 20