Win XBMC audio playback crashes on mp3 play after 3 sec
Hi,

I have a ASrock ION which has run xbmc like a chef for quite some time, about 26 days I used XBMCupdate and updated XBMC, since then everytime I try to playback a mp3 file the playback starts, and after exactly 3 seconds it "freezez" playback starts to stutter on repeat and after a few more seconds XBMC becomes unresponsive.

Before my update mp3 playback was just dandy.

Build: XBMC 12.0ALPHA4 Git: e-20120730-e15269b

Come to think if it this might be a bad version or?
Please enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, play an mp3 file and, after it freezes playback, exit XBMC. Locate your debug log (wiki) on your system, upload it to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post the URL for the uploaded log here with your reply.

Do you get the same problem playing videos or just with mp3s? Is someone/something sitting atop the remote control or keyboard, perhaps?
I had the same issue with builds after Alpha 3 and went back to it. It's possible this has been resolved in the most recent nightly build.
(2012-08-27, 21:49)artrafael Wrote: Please enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, play an mp3 file and, after it freezes playback, exit XBMC. Locate your debug log (wiki) on your system, upload it to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post the URL for the uploaded log here with your reply.

Do you get the same problem playing videos or just with mp3s? Is someone/something sitting atop the remote control or keyboard, perhaps?

Thanks for making me giggle a little bit with the sitting atop reply Big Grin

But I found out what the problem was, under settings - system and audio playback, there was nothing selected as the default playback device, but a output was selected for passthrough. I've played numerous tv shows/movies that played withouth passthrough and not one crashed, but apparently it caused mp3 playback to do so for me.. but after selecting a default playback device mp3 files now work.
Glad you got the problem sorted!

(2012-08-28, 02:28)olinn Wrote: Thanks for making me giggle a little bit with the sitting atop reply Big Grin
That's not as ludicrous a thing to check as it may seem Smile
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134985

LOL!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC audio playback crashes on mp3 play after 3 sec0