Android WOL through Android remote
Hi Folks,

So I have been playing with the remote app for xbmc on my phone and I am wondering if it is possible to send a WOL packet via the app? Beats getting up to press the power button Big Grin

If it is, I'm also wondering how to access the BIOS to actually set up WOL. When I boot up XBMC I never actually see the BIOS screen. When the machine was running windows I would see the BIOS screen. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

I'm not familiar with Android per se, but is there a WOL utility you can download from your app store? If so, you can use this to wake up your XBMC system before launching the XBMC Android Remote app.

Your system BIOS should be OS-agnostic (you don't even need an OS for the BIOS to be loaded)... check your system or motherboard documentation for the key sequence used to display the BIOS settings at bootup (usually a function key).
Thanks for the welcome and the response artrafael.

I ended up figuring out what I needed to do. Within the xbmc andriod app there is a setting for wake on lan.After I set this up everything is working well. It's nice to not have to go to an outside app to wol.

As for the bios, I was lucky enough that wol was already enabled. The strange part is that when I boot the machine I never see the bios screen where I would typically press the esc key to get into the bios. It's almost like xbmc skips the screen. Oh well not a big deal at this point since wol is already enabled.
newer machines have a fast boot, where the bios screen doesn't even show up (it cuts down the overall boot time)

if you repeatedly press F2 or DEL as soon as you press the power button, you should be able to enter bios
Will give that a try. Thanks!
Greetings -- sorry to hijack. I see there is a blank in the settings for a "Wait after WOL in seconds." But that is the only reference to WOL that I see in the entire APP. How exactly do you set it up? And how to do you use it? Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WOL through Android remote0