Upgrading HTPC
I have an HTPC that I built about two year ago. It currently has an Asus AT3IONT-I motherboard, which includes an Intel Atom N330 1.6ghz processor and an NVIDIA GeForce 9400M gpu. For the most part, this HTPC does what I want it to do, but with one glaring exception: HD Netflix. It flat out cannot play HD Netflix. I'm looking to upgrade the motherboard and processor to something that can handle HD Netflix. I know this is an issue that is raised on this and several other forums, but there is a lot of mixed information.

To give you more info, I'll be using Win 7 and I currently have 4gb RAM. This HTPC is mainly used for streaming content. We don't use it to play local content, we don't game, and we don't render video. All we want to do is set up XBMC and stream from various sources, but we want to be able to stream Netflix in HD without issue.

Can anyone recommend a mini-ITX mobo and processor set up that will *definitely* work without issue? I'm currently looking at the AMD A4-3400, but I'm open to hearing suggestions for other options, AMD or Intel. (I may even prefer Intel...) I also would appreciate some direction regarding motherboards (with HDMI out). I don't need to go all out and get something for high-end gaming, but I also don't want to cheap out and have stutter during HD playback. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading HTPC0