Unable to connect to TVDB remote server
Never used this before (mega), but for those in doubt this works, just tested it.

overright existing file.

tvdb.xml (20 KB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!pl9xgTJB!USl2uhFlFG...6teF-r0xpM
(2013-03-09, 11:00)Saner Wrote: https://mega.co.nz/#!pl9xgTJB!USl2uhFlFG...6teF-r0xpM

This did the trick, thanks! Cool
(2013-03-09, 10:08)stash Wrote: Joost, I just went to C:\Users\*name*\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.tvdb.com\tvdb.xml opened that xml file and did a find on http://www.thetvdb.com and replaced with http://thetvdb.com

After that it seemed to work. I did try a few other things too (deleting the metedata.tvdb.com folder, updated the addon etc so not sure if that made a difference). I don't think it did though, I think it was the find and replace as if you click on the two link above you'll see that one works and one gives a 503 error.

The find and replace changed about 7 or so entries in that file.

BTW I am extremely new to xbmc so I'm in no way an expert (barely a novice).

Good luck with it, I feel your pain.

This sorted my problems out straight away. Thanks.
No succes here .. it can refresh my series again, so that's something ... but no new episodes gets added. It's like he doesn't even see them.

EDIT : ok Strange .. this 'fix" doesn't see/find any new episodes when doing a library update. But when I refresh the show and select yes to also refresh all the episodes, it adds the new ones. This is kinda frustrating, because all those episodes get added to the "recently added" list .. which I use all the time
(2013-03-09, 11:59)The0ldman Wrote:
(2013-03-09, 10:08)stash Wrote: Joost, I just went to C:\Users\*name*\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.tvdb.com\tvdb.xml opened that xml file and did a find on http://www.thetvdb.com and replaced with http://thetvdb.com

After that it seemed to work. I did try a few other things too (deleting the metedata.tvdb.com folder, updated the addon etc so not sure if that made a difference). I don't think it did though, I think it was the find and replace as if you click on the two link above you'll see that one works and one gives a 503 error.

The find and replace changed about 7 or so entries in that file.

BTW I am extremely new to xbmc so I'm in no way an expert (barely a novice).

Good luck with it, I feel your pain.

This sorted my problems out straight away. Thanks.

Fixed mine too thanks
Got it working.

Edited the tvdb.com xml file as above and its now scraping all my tv shows!

Can upload my xml file if requested
This trick seems to fix new content. But existing content is not update.
Taking a look to debug info, it seems www part of the URL remains there. Perhaps it is cached with he content in the library.

I also tried to remove a complete TV Show from the Library and is is not recreated correctly so I think www part of the URL is really in more than a single file.

Any tip?

Thanks,

Chemi.
Even since making changes to that xml file I've had some issues with new episodes I've added. I seem to have them all updated now but not sure exactly what I did. When I added new episodes they didn't show when I ran an update so I removed the entire series from the library then re-ran the scan but it didn't pick them up. I changed the content and re-ran and it still didn't pick them up, even the old ones I had previously in the library. I then renamed all the episodes using file renamer basic and changed the content again and re-ran and it seemed to work.

Not entirely sure the above are the exact steps I followed though.

Good luck guys....
For those brave enough to edit the database directly:
Code:
UPDATE tvshow SET c10 = REPLACE(c10, 'www.thetvdb', 'thetvdb');
(on myvideos75.db)

That should fix the episodes-still-not-showing-up problem, without having to refresh each series.

(This is obviously in conjunction with editing the xml file.)
(2013-03-09, 13:38)scudlee Wrote: For those brave enough to edit the database directly:
Code:
(on myvideos75.db)

That should fix the episodes-still-not-showing-up problem, without having to refresh each series.

Probably a stupid question, but can it be edited with a simple notepad ? (not at my pc that's why I ask first)
@mordresh: thanks!!!! That did the trick!
(2013-03-09, 13:55)aneurysm- Wrote:
(2013-03-09, 13:38)scudlee Wrote: For those brave enough to edit the database directly:
Code:
(on myvideos75.db)

Probably a stupid question, but can it be edited with a simple notepad ? (not at my pc that's why I ask first)
No, that'll screw it up.
Code:
(on myvideos75.db)

Did this, works perfect now! didn't work at all with just the xml edit.

Many thanks!
(2013-03-09, 14:05)ste0803 Wrote:
Code:
(on myvideos75.db)

Did this, works perfect now! didn't work at all with just the xml edit.

Many thanks!

What to use to edit it ?
Edit: found it in the wiki. A sqllite prog
I've updated the official scraper to version 1.5.2, dropping the "www." from the URLs. Not sure how long it will take to update for everybody.

The issue with adding new episodes to existing series, though, will still require either refreshing the entire series, or editing the database (or thetvdb fixing things on their end).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to connect to TVDB remote server0