Unable to connect to TVDB remote server
@scudlee

I take it then that tvdb people are aware? or is this going to leave us to do each series manually?

uNi
Unless/until the tvdb people get the www.thetvdb.com URL working again (the scraper fix is backwards-compatible), you'll have to refresh each series to put the "www"-less URL in as the episodeguide (or use the database query above to fix them all in one sweep).

You can also set the content to None and then back to TV shows to force refresh everything.

I'm sure the tvdb folk are aware of the issue, there's a thread on their forum
(2013-03-09, 15:47)scudlee Wrote: I've updated the official scraper to version 1.5.2, dropping the "www." from the URLs. Not sure how long it will take to update for everybody.

The issue with adding new episodes to existing series, though, will still require either refreshing the entire series, or editing the database (or thetvdb fixing things on their end).

So you're saying if I refresh the serie, without refreshing all the eps themselves ... afterwards when an ep is added it will find it again ?
because .. I presume what happens is the .db file gets updated so the series link to thetvdb.com instead of www.thetvdb.com ... right ? So meaning if I can't edit the db file properly, I just need to do a "refresh" on all my series where I still expect new eps.
@scudlee

The new scraper still has the www at least in line #6 and #24 #157, it makes no difference as is to me, perhaps you missed these lines?

uNi
The edited tvdb.xml didn't work for me. I had to edit the database as described in post #39 to get things working again.
(2013-03-09, 16:41)uNiversal Wrote: @scudlee

The new scraper still has the www at least in line #6 and #24 #157, it makes no difference as is to me, perhaps you missed these lines?

uNi

Line #6 is a regexp for reading from a (user-edited) .nfo file. The user may or may not have included the www (it is optional in the regexp).

Line #24 is never actually used, I don't think, but again, both with www and without options are already present.

Line #157 is the important one, I changed it to just make the www optional. This ensure backwards-compatibility. A fix that just removes it entirely will force the user to refresh everything in order for it to work regardless of whether tvdb fix things on their end.
Thanks for explanation and fix, both very welcome and appreciated.

uNi
Seems that the TVDB admins are aware...just found this on their forum:

"There is a known issue right now which the admins believe is due to cloudflare and is being looked into. We'll let you all know when we find out more."
Yeah. But to be honest. The api has been struggling since December. They were also aware then.
But I'm not complaining. It's a free site.
can someone confirm if making the change to the TVDB.xml and the MYSQL database will work if I am using Mysql shared database for 4 machines?
can anyone assist me with updating the DB file please. The wiki ain't that helpful.
I downloaded SQLiteSpy. I opened the correct .db file. In the upper right box I pasted the line "UPDATE tvshow SET c10 = REPLACE(c10, 'www.thetvdb', 'thetvdb');". (without the " of course).

Then I click on execute SQL line. Is that it ? Where can I check if it was done ok ? If I just close the .db file .. it doesn't ask me to save the changes, so I don't know if anything actually happened.

tnx for the help !
Double-click on the tvshow table link in the tree on the left, that will show the table. Then look at an entry in the c10 column and see what the URL inside is.
Anyone fancy uploading their file that you have managed to edit and get it to work with? Smile

Im terrible at this stuff
Launch XBMC, it should now update the TVDB scraper by itself, no need to edit the xml file any more Smile
Nope, still not working.
www.thetvdb.com still isn't working either

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to connect to TVDB remote server0