Do we need another version of Aeon?
Hi,

I love Aeon! It's probably my all time fav skin. Nox and MQ are amazing versions (Wink), and have obviously been servicing peoples needs for a while now.

Anyway, my question is this... i've been thinking about creating a version of Aeon for my own personal use. It would be coded to 1080 resolution, and be very close in design to djh's original Aeon Stark and Auriga. In other words there won't be tons of viewtypes, and it won't carry the bells and whistles of Nox/MQ.

Do Aeon users feel there's a place for a version like this? I expect some people may say "hell yeah, too much Aeon isn't enough"!!!

Long live Aeon! Big Grin

Cheers
(2012-08-29, 12:12)liquidskin76 Wrote: Hi,

I love Aeon! It's probably my all time fav skin. Nox and MQ are amazing versions (Wink), and have obviously been servicing peoples needs for a while now.

Anyway, my question is this... i've been thinking about creating a version of Aeon for my own personal use. It would be coded to 1080 resolution, and be very close in design to djh's original Aeon Stark and Auriga. In other words there won't be tons of viewtypes, and it won't carry the bells and whistles of Nox/MQ.

Do Aeon users feel there's a place for a version like this? I expect some people may say "hell yeah, too much Aeon isn't enough"!!!

Long live Aeon! Big Grin

Cheers

We all can't get enough of aeon versions or ? Smile

zombierobot started with djh's original aeon ...

see here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107157
Hey butcha,

Yeah, i've seen that thread. Did you ever carry on from zombie and do anymore work on that version?

Cheers
liquidskin76, the original Aeon is a masterpiece and should be kept alive forever, but as butchabay wrote, there is already a version in progress. Zombierobot is somewhat gone (must be waiting for the MQ 4 Laugh ), then it would be best to talk with him and maybe join forces, I support.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
I've asked zombie to pick up his work, but sadly i've started with a new skin project "diffuse" so time is limited.

(2012-06-12, 14:49)butchabay Wrote: Zombie ... if you don't mind i would love start trying to bring this skin back to life again Smile

(2012-06-13, 20:59)ZombieRobot Wrote: No worries mate your the perfect person for it I just don't have time anymore

I know zombie is still working on aeon showmix (another masterpiece by acido)

Marcos, waiting for mq4 mate ... Smile

So guys feel free to pick up this project, that would be awesome Smile

may the force be with you ! Wink

some inside knowledge now... Cool
i was contacted by an australian company last month which wants to sell XBMC Android boxes in the near future. they desperately want to deliver those units with our Nox skin pre-installed. (they would deliver dev units etc to bn and me) this would obviously need some stripping down of the skin.
i won´t promise anything but if that thing turns out to become reality then there will be a Nox Light Version in some time which will probably make developing a seperate Aeon version superfluous.
cross your fingers Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-08-29, 14:06)butchabay Wrote: Marcos, waiting for mq4 mate ... Smile

You don't need wait, you're my guest of honor. Cool

Quote:So guys feel free to pick up this project, that would be awesome Smile

may the force be with you ! Wink

Good luck with the project.

------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
I'm still busy with Welo so it was an idea for the future anyway. I'll see how things are then with the Nox light situation.

What i had in mind was Auriga, with some parts of Stark, with updated textures (with light/dark option), all in 1080, and Frodo (or XBMC G*****... my bets on Gotham! Big Grin) ready. All of that however with a small footprint so low spec friendly. Not much really! Laugh

Cheers
I would love to see an Aeon clone script with Cinemascope aspect ratio (2.40:1, 2.35:1.. etc..). like the "Aeon Movie Wall YAMJ" for Popcorn Hour Devices (for example)

People with Projector with Anamorphic lenses and/or 2.40:1 screens will love you for that Wink
(2012-08-29, 12:12)liquidskin76 Wrote: Anyway, my question is this... i've been thinking about creating a version of Aeon for my own personal use. It would be coded to 1080 resolution, and be very close in design to djh's original Aeon Stark and Auriga. In other words there won't be tons of viewtypes, and it won't carry the bells and whistles of Nox/MQ.

It's something I've been working on and off with for years now but other projects keep getting in the way.
(2012-08-31, 10:54)Hitcher Wrote: It's something I've been working on and off with for years now but other projects keep getting in the way.

What's that Hitcher... something to do with deibit's post, or a Aeon build you've been working on?

Cheers mate
Sorry, it was in reply to your original question - post updated.
No problem. Cheers for the update. I'll leave until Welo's further down the line, then maybe revisit and see how the land lies.

Thanks
Would love a Striped down version of Aeon Nox

The first time I heard about Aeon Nox it was like a striped down version of Aeon for less powerfull systems, with time this skin is now as heavy as Aeon MQ Sad
i would love to make aeon work on eden but i need help with it all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do we need another version of Aeon?0