unRAID transfer speed
(2012-08-31, 20:52)malibu327 Wrote: What you got on POE?

That my friend is HDMI over Ethernet. I do have 12 VoIP phones I still need to get connected. Will be looking for a good POE switch deal for the phones and some security cameras.

I bought specific cables for certain things.

Blue - data
Red - HDMI over Ethernet
Orange - USB over Ethernet
Yellow - POE
White - POTS line

I use cat6 to push All sorts of information around.

Each wall plate has 4to 5 cable runs.
(2012-08-31, 20:24)Inexistence Wrote: This is gig and cheap. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6833704042

Looking for more? What's the budget?

Very ´nice.... TP-LINK TL-SG1005 what a steal... thanx. Just read on it...Big Grin
If you get a managed switch you can give certain devices priority. It's called QOS or quality of service. Might be good if you want you XBMC priority. You might not even have enough traffic to warrant that.
(2012-08-31, 23:32)Inexistence Wrote: If you get a managed switch you can give certain devices priority. It's called QOS or quality of service. Might be good if you want your XBMC to have priority. You might not even have enough traffic to warrant that.

TP-LINK TL-SG1005

I see that switch has a 1K MAC Address Table and the 8 port version has 4K MAC Address Table.... does it matter?

I know on my D Link is 4K MAC Address Table...
(2012-08-31, 23:39)Beer40oz Wrote: TP-LINK TL-SG1005

I see that switch has a 1K MAC Address Table and the 8 port version has 4K MAC Address Table.... does it matter?

No. Your network is not big enough to matter. The switch comunicates device to device. The table keeps track of where all the devices are on the network to make communication most efficient. it takes work and time for the switch to figure it out. Do you have more than 1000 devices?
(2012-08-31, 23:47)Inexistence Wrote:
(2012-08-31, 23:39)Beer40oz Wrote: TP-LINK TL-SG1005

No. Your network is not big enough to matter. The switch comunicates device to device. The table keeps track of where all the devices are on the network to make communication most efficient. it takes work and time for the switch to figure it out. Do you have more than 1000 devices?

Thank you for clarifying that up... I wish I had 1000 devices.... Blush it looks like you do from your pictures... Wink what are you running on your network? if I may ask....
3 laptops - our everyday machines
1 xbmc machine
1 unraid server
1 blu- ray player
1 tv - Samsung 55inch. Going to hack this someday. Put on sammygo. Can have the xbmc control it then. Smile
1 Nintendo Wi
2 wireless routers
1 elk m1 gold alarm
1 isy 99 Insteon controller
1 laser printer
1 inkjet
1 ooma VoIP phone
1 crap top/ip security camera
1 onkyo receiver

that's all I can remember right now. I know I forgot things.

Forgot 2 iPhones
1 ipad
Okay... So.. going back to what I was talking about lol.

Just got the gigabit switch this weekend and installed it today.

This bumped up the speed a lot actually. Getting about 30 mb/s for transferring to the unraid machine and about 60 to 90 mb/s for tranferring from the unraid machine!

Finally getting the speed i was expecting!
(2012-09-04, 07:09)jangjong Wrote: Okay... So.. going back to what I was talking about lol.

Just got the gigabit switch this weekend and installed it today.

This bumped up the speed a lot actually. Getting about 30 mb/s for transferring to the unraid machine and about 60 to 90 mb/s for tranferring from the unraid machine!

Finally getting the speed i was expecting!

Big Grin glad to hear.... so what switch you ended up buying?

Sometimes I hit 45 - 50 MB /s or so... but that is with a big file over 5 gigs from SSD to the server....

But 30 - 35 is normal....

enjoy!.... used to have a 10/100 router once (who has not)... 11 MB /s top speed....yay!
(2012-09-04, 09:09)Beer40oz Wrote: Big Grin glad to hear.... so what switch you ended up buying?

Sometimes I hit 45 - 50 MB /s or so... but that is with a big file over 5 gigs from SSD to the server....

But 30 - 35 is normal....

enjoy!.... used to have a 10/100 router once (who has not)... 11 MB /s top speed....yay!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6833156251

I got this guy. Very happy with it hah
Was doing a 250gb transfer this morning. USB to USB on the same computer. Portable hard drive to portable hard drive. 20MB per sec. Just to compare.
Can you use this to run some tests? http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/intel-nas-...393-4.html
(2012-09-04, 19:10)Inexistence Wrote: Can you use this to run some tests? http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/intel-nas-...393-4.html

Well.. that specific article says that Intel NAS Performance Toolkit only works for Intel processors. I'm using amd processors for my desktop and my htpc.

However.. the article is about 4 years old.. do you know if the tool will work on amd processors?
(2012-09-04, 20:02)jangjong Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 19:10)Inexistence Wrote: Can you use this to run some tests? http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/intel-nas-...393-4.html

Well.. that specific article says that Intel NAS Performance Toolkit only works for Intel processors. I'm using amd processors for my desktop and my htpc.

However.. the article is about 4 years old.. do you know if the tool will work on amd processors?

Not sure let me see what I can find.
Seems like all the links are broken. Sorry to point you to such crap!
THIS may help you....it helped me 3x. If you are able, add it to your build. Several have reported increases in speed besides myself! From unRAID to your PC, I recommend using an SSD for optimal performance and speed!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unRAID transfer speed0