Win No sound (sometimes)
I'm running the alpha 1 build on a 64 bit windows machine with an hd 5450 card. I recently got a hdmi switch so I can have everything hooked up to my tv at once. Now every once in a while, not every time, when I go to xbmc there isn't any sound. If I quit and open xbmc again it works fine. I always leave the computer on because my system acts wonky if I put it to sleep. I believe it's a handshake issue. Is there a way to fix this? Is there some way to make it remember my hdmi handshake setting somehow?
Handshaking can be a troublesome affair, it just doesn't send some sort of code first time round... but this handshaking is of a continuous nature and when it drops re-negotiation of that communication link can be a pain. Make sure you're using the latest CCC (Catalyst Control Center) mine is now 12.8 (I did have this issue with ~12.4 I think..) and see if that pulls a fix for you. Failing that you could always manually force the issue through playback devices...failing that you'll have to pull the switch, obviously the TV or PC handshaking is being seen as a copy device inserted between.
Yep - good answer PatK. Just about the only bad thing about PC's and HDMI.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound (sometimes)0