LG EA83 21:9 Aspect display 2560 x 1080
http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/30/lgs-e...-hands-on/

The IPS WQHD resolution (2,560 x 1,080 pixels) and supports four-way split-screen view. The wide-screen aspect ratio is the same you'll find at a movie theater, making it an ideal choice for viewing Blu-ray flicks, and LG's framing the EA93 as a choice setup for photographers and other multimedia pros, too.

Very nice on an articulated arm over my pillow!
Very nice....
I reckon they should have made the resolution 2580x1080 (common cinema aspect ratio of 2.39:1).

Even then, isn't the native blu-ray output resolution 1920x800 (2.39:1) or 1920x1080 (16:9) depending on aspect ratio?

If I'm wrong, what are the maximum native blu-ray output resolutions for each common aspect ratio?

**Actually I take that back 2560*1080 is a good resolution for cinema aspect ratio since 4x720p would be 2560x1440 (didn't realise this before). Btw... Can BluRays be loaded with a few resolution output options?**
Blu-Ray is not an international aspect standard, but a brand name in the same way HD-DVD was... ask most producers and directors, and they still shoot aspect for the Cinema and the most common aspect ratios used today in the presentation of films in movie theaters are 1.85:1 and 2.39:1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_%28image%29
Quote:With television, DVD and Blu-ray Disc, converting formats of unequal ratios is achieved by enlarging the original image to fill the receiving format's display area and cutting off any excess picture information (zooming and cropping), by adding horizontal mattes (letterboxing) or vertical mattes (pillarboxing) to retain the original format's aspect ratio, by stretching (hence distorting) the image to fill the receiving format's ratio, or by scaling by different factors in both directions, possibly scaling by a different factor in the center and at the edges (as in Wide Zoom mode).

This product looks to fill a gap in the market, I like it's potential as a desktop PC display and bedroom companion.. let's hope the price is within these bounds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LG EA83 21:9 Aspect display 2560 x 10800