Media Player To First HTPC!
Some say the AMD stock cooler is fine, others say its noisy. You can always go with the stock and see, if its too loud then get the after market one.
(2012-08-30, 23:34)JoeBoyTexas Wrote: Hello!

I've been using media players for years now and after my last mistake (a300 pch) I have officially moved on to bigger and better: HTPC\XMBC. So, for the last few week's I've been reading all over this forum and it has provided me a lot of great info! I had originally decided to buy the Acer Revo, but then I thought I should go ahead and build my own and make sure the tech was good enough to get me by for a couple of years at least. The HTPC will mainly be used for movies and internet browsing. Please take a look at my list and let me know what you think!

CASE: Wesna HTPC-ITX7-Black + 120W PSU board and external AC/DC adapter + IR receiver and RC260 $170
MEMORY: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ $25
CPU: AMD A6-3650 Llano 2.6GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6530D AD3650WNGXBOX $85
MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX AMD Motherboard $90
SSD: Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $73
TOTAL $443

Update...this it! I hope lol! Let me know what you think...
(2012-08-31, 20:10)Arkitket Wrote: Some say the AMD stock cooler is fine, others say its noisy. You can always go with the stock and see, if its too loud then get the after market one.

Just know that some CPU coolers require you to remove the motherboard from the case to mount it. An absolute PITA once you have everything installed to go back and do all of this again.
(2012-09-03, 20:16)assassin Wrote:
(2012-08-31, 20:10)Arkitket Wrote: Some say the AMD stock cooler is fine, others say its noisy. You can always go with the stock and see, if its too loud then get the after market one.

Just know that some CPU coolers require you to remove the motherboard from the case to mount it. An absolute PITA once you have everything installed to go back and do all of this again.

That is quite true. With the Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B, does the mobo need to be removed to mount?
I have the Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B and I can confirm I had to remove the motherboard to take off the stock clippings (MB is the Asrock A75M). Was not happy as everything was installed and set up :o( I didn't buy it until later as I wanted to check what the stock A8 cooler was like. It was a little loud so I went with the BS.
Whoa. Thanks for the heads up guys! Will I have enough clearance with the case I've chosen? I was thinking I would be okay....since it doesn't have a internal PSU .
Just got this remote in today for $16: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00224Z...00_s00_i00 I installed xmbc on an old dell desktop I had lying around, plugged it in and it worked perfectly....no configurations necessary! 128 SSD arrives tomorrow....and I should have the rest of my items sometime next week!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Player To First HTPC!1