Enabling remote control for Philips LCD TV
up ?
I tried another distro (raspbmc and openelec) with 4.0, still no solution
I find that the problem is not the CEC link, because xbmc detect a CEC adapter, but it is still 'unknown' device in the CEC adapter properties ... maybe an bad implementation of CEC standard by Philips ?
(2014-05-22, 15:59)MrTammikuu Wrote: Hi, same problem here
I have a 42PFL3605/12, I enabled the easylink on the tv, xbmc (openelec) detect the cec connection (pop up saying CEC detected ...) but nothing is handled by libCEC, the remote arrows only moves the screen ....
Does someone found a solution ?

Did anyone find the solution for this? I have the same problem. My TV is the 42PFL3405H/12 and can not make it work.
Hello !

Just for the reference...
Maybe not really helpfull reply but I have upgraded XBMC on RPI several times since 2012 and I have another TV attached to it now, which doesn't have CEC issues and it works with the remote controller all the time.

What you could try as an alternative instead of using your remote for Philips LCD TV/XBMC is to use remote controller with the Android phone, there is some software for it, which can make it work.
Yes, I am using apps in the smartphone, but would be nice to have it working with the remote of the TV. I have now Rpi with openelec and kodi helix, but still the same old lcd tv.
Hey,

for me the remote control via hdmi works with my philips tv - if I disable and then
reenable "easy link" after every start of my rpi.

Maybe a timing issue during startup?

Can anybody confirm?

Regards
flip
(2013-04-21, 17:28)jona_p Wrote: same problem here! my tv is detected by xbmc through CEC. The tv turns off when I poweroff the Raspberry but whatever button I press on the remote control nothing happens.

Dame problema here
I have t he same problem, remote power the
tv and rp, but that's it.
Enabling Easylink does not help
I have the same problem.
Contacted Philips to ask if they had a firmware update for the TV (my model is 32PFL4507/F7)
They don't
Hi,
I have a Raspberry Pi-2 with openelec version 6.0.3. everything is working perfectly. I have LG TV & after enabling LG Simplelink(CEC) feature I can control Kodi with TV remote without any trouble. I need help to fine tune my settings. “I want whenever I will switch off my TV (HDMI) the raspberry PI stop streaming/downloading & go into sleep mode”. I do not want that my Internet data consumption continue even after when our TV OFF. Now if we are watching something through kodi and switch off TV the raspberry pi continue streaming nonstop. I am able to see through router the data is transferred continuously. So I want to safeguard us from over data consumption from ISP data limit. If we are watching something in HD & this type of thing happen two three nights in a month we easily cross our data limit. So please guide me how raspberry pi sense the TV is off & stop all streaming function goes in sleep mode & when I again on our TV. Raspberry pi either open in home window or resume streaming function. My main focus is system stop data consumption after sensing TV off.
thanks
Wow that sounds cool I will try to program my remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enabling remote control for Philips LCD TV0