Media Manager - What to use?
I'm just reading a bunch of the Tutorials on XBMC.
I've been using it for ages but have always just had all my movies in a single directory and never had a problem.
Now however I am trying to run multiple XBMC's around the house and so want to set up a single server for everything to run from.
I am therefore tidying up my installation.

One of the tutorials says to get a Media Manager to manage all my files.
I want one that can get and create all the directories with the files necessary in them.

Whats the best one and where can I get it?
The two tutorials I found refer to Media Companion which seems abandoned and I cant find a download link for.
And Ember Media Manager which I downloaded (http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanag...rSetup.exe) but when I try install it complains about bad XML.

Basically these two seem abandoned - which one is a good one and where can I get it?
Thanks
I believe this is the current build http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129134 .
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
For movies and TV shows I'd highly recommend Media Companion (there's a thread here in the forums). You still need to arrange things well, but it has great scraping which is XBMC compatible, downloads posters and art right to your HDD, and generates the all-important .nfo files.

For music TagScanner is very good.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Tag scanner you say? What db does that use to scrape? Ive never imported music into xbmc.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I use XBMC to manage my TV shows because I usually delete them after I watch them.

However for movies I use Media Center Master. Works really well and is updated frequently.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Manager - What to use?0