Scraping and DBs
I need some guidance with dbs, scraping and config.

I've now got 3 ATVs throughout the house and managing multiple dbs is a bit much. I would like to combine them by using my sql and I have a few options for this. Here's my config/notes

EMM on my PC that is currently pushing scrapes out to NAS (where the media files are)
3 ATVs that I /think/ are reading off of the NAS the movie info (NOTE: How do I know if the info is coming from network folders(NAS) or XMBC is scraping?)
Any pitfalls in running a single db with eden off of a NAS as the home? Performance?

Any links, suggestions comments are welcome and appreciated.
AmazonFirex4/iPhone6s/iPad2/NSS326
Kodi - be brave and help - update w/nightly builds
one way to tell is to look at the .nfo file and compare it to what is being displayed in xbmc, as a test you could amend a line manually then after impoirting the title go and have a look for the field you edited.. another way to ensure it's the lcoal data is to disable the scraper or redirect it using a host file so the scraper cannot reach it's destination.

you may notice a slight drop in speed when it comes to navigating the titles, this will depend on the size of your library and your network performance, and wether or not use use centralised thumbs..

Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

I assume it's an all or nothing kind of thing with mysql. The idea is to move everything off of the ATV and have it reside on the NAS handled by mysql. Or is there still some caching that goes on with the ATV?

Also, is there anything I need to do since I was running each db discretely on each ATV but will be migrating to mysql?
AmazonFirex4/iPhone6s/iPad2/NSS326
Kodi - be brave and help - update w/nightly builds
pretty much, but you do have options when it comes to handling the thumbs..

either smb share and path substitution or manually copy the thumbs to each device.

The latter provides a performance increase because the thumbs will be on each device, but then you are back to maintaining seperate devices each time a new media file is uploaded to the NAS which kinda defeats the purpose of using mysql in the first place.

Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

If you're using Frodo then don't put the thumbs on the server, the handling of thumbs has been reworked and pathsubstitution is not recommended see here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails/Cache
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping and DBs0