Trying to play a 30fps Movie on a 50hz kuro 5090 plasma
Hi.
I am using Eden on win7 connected to a Pioneer Kuro 5090 plasma.
The kuro would flicker badly at anything above 50hz. I read somewhere that it doubles 50hz to 100hz and that's why it looks smooth and nice but it doesn't do that on 60hz (Not sure if that piece of information is true or not).

I am trying to play a 29.97fps Movie on my xbmc. The movie would jitter trying to sync the (steady) audio with the frame rate. XBMC shows that the movie is running at 59.94(!) fps while actual frame rate is 50 (my refresh rate).
When I tell xbmc to sync the refresh rate it changes the display to 60hz, telling me the movie is 29.97fps and the actual frame rate is 60.
XBMC on my linux box says that it is 29.970030 fps.
The crazy thing is that it worked before in my xmbc in the same setup. And yes, I am sure that it didn't change the refresh rate, I am very sensitive to flickers and I used to be the one who back in the days always moved people from 60hz to 85hz on their CRTs... I saw this movie (Yes symphonic live concert) a few times already and I would have noticed such a sever jitter or refresh change.
It simply worked fine before on 50hz (no idea how).

Playing the movie on windows media player plays it smoothly without jitter or changing the pitch and of course - without changing the refresh.
I tried upgrading the nvidia drivers to no avail.

My questions are:
1. Would could happen in xbmc that would cause this?
2. Is there a way to fix it on the xbmc side? (again - WMP plays the same movie on the same setup without any issues)
3. Not really related to xbmc but perhaps someone here would know . An LCD would not flicker at 50 or 60hz, why does my kuro flicker so badly? I thought that plasma monitors are similar to LCD in that sense.

Any help would be very appreciated. Sorry for the long post.
Thanks!
Anyone?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to play a 30fps Movie on a 50hz kuro 5090 plasma0