Audio device failed
Hello, i just started using xmbc a few days ago and everything was going well, so today i upgraded to a slightly faster vid card since my htpc is being used for games as well, I uninstalled the old drivers and installed the new, both cards are ATI. So after installation today im having trouble with the audio that i didn't before, whenever i try to play a video through xmbc i get the audio device failed to initialize and no sound. The sound works in windows, the hdmi device is the only sound device i have slected and outside of xmbc everything seems fine. The strange thing, to me anyway, is that i get sound out of xmbc if i set the input to analog, i am only hooked up via hdmi, and as i said all other audio devices are disabled. So anyway this is a bit strange to me, im wondering if anyone has any obvious ideas i may have missed, as far as i can tell all of the setings are where they should be, ive tried evry output device in xmbc as well.

Should i reisntall xmbc since there is a new video card now? Anything else?

Btw, coming from a boxee box to xmbc is an amazing improvement on the hardware im using, i really like it.
No Debug Log no soup Wink
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio device failed0