Dharma + Eden = Shared MySQL DB? Will it work?
I have a Windows Home Server that I run MySQL on to share the Video & Music database. Can I mix and match Dharma & Eden to use the same database? Or will Eden mess the database up for Dharma?

The reason I ask is that right now I have my Shuttle PC running solid and it was a pain in the a$$ to get configured properly. Next time I plan on using OpenELEC but that's a different story. I do not have the time at the moment to worry about dealing with it, so it's staying on 10.0 for now. Anyway, I'm willing to convert the rest of my devices but I have been holding off because I was assuming it wouldn't work properly. I had thought Eden does something different to the database.

Does anyone know if I can run then together? Worst case I can export it and just try it.
no
little search would have told you that
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-09-05, 01:55)Martijn Wrote: no
little search would have told you that

I love how people just assume you don't search. I did. I got a lot of threads with subjects that didn't look like they gave me what I needed. Perhaps my search wasn't good enough but I tried a variety of different keywords.

I just had to assume that was the case what what I read Eden did to the database but I didn't want to assume anything so I asked.

Thanks for the response but not the sarcasm.
I don' t think you have to read any sarcasm in it. Clear pithy response. I do agree the topics been well covered and that Im assuming, was just a suggestion meant a more comprehensive vetting of search...just saves more 'noise' on the forums and probably helps the expert / moderators keep the forums more ....pertinent.
Regardless you have your answer, mismatched schemas are not compatible via the mySQL centralized library and going from Dharma to Eden will definitively not be able to both talk to the same DB. It will keep the database and attempt to make a variant copy (albeit I found it easier to simply 'rebuild' my database instead of 'upgrading')'
It is a bit frustrating, as XBMC has proliferated to more hardware, it can be a challenge to get some of them on the same version., like the ATV2 and Raspberry PIs.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
It's in the Eden FAQ (wiki) and the MySQL (wiki) guide on the wiki (big bold letters on the MySQL guide, in fact).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma + Eden = Shared MySQL DB? Will it work?0