• 28(current)
Supert tv heeeeelp!
Okay, I've got a problem.

SuperTV is continuing to run as a Python process on my Mac Mini (OS X 10.6.8) even though XBMC isn't running. I've got v.1.105 of the plugin installed. The process is using 80-95% CPU.

Force-quitting the SuperTV process via Activity Monitor doesn't work. The process just relaunches.

I also disabled the plugin and restarted the computer, but the process still launches and consumes CPU.

Here is what the Console log is showing:

http://pastebin.com/up8SLguQ

*Update: Removing the SuperTV plist from the LaunchAgents folder and restarting prevents the SuperTV python process from re-spawning and misbehaving.
Hmmm, I just discovered that my LaunchAgents folder contains two files: com.xbmc.SuperTV.plist and com.xbmc.rtmpGUI.plist.

I don't understand why these are here since these plugins should only be loaded when XBMC launches, not when OS X boots up which is what will happen with items in the LaunchAgents folder.
(2012-03-26, 13:00)davilotomoto Wrote: Hola

Yo, particularmente soy de España, y lo tengo instalado en un mac mini ppc y en un portatil con windows xp. En windows funciona bastante bien, pero en el mac mini se corta la imagen y el audio continuamente. Me gustaría que me indicaran si se puede solucionar eso así como intentar mejorar la calidad de la imagen si puede ser.

Muchas gracias.
Podria ser que el Mac Mini PPC esta muy lento para streaming en general?
(2012-03-26, 17:29)microchipmatt Wrote: Hello Hans, I use rtmpGUI with the orginal XBMC4Xbox, it works great, but I would like some of the other xml lists for channels, other than rtmpGUI's list, I like blacklistworm's channels, I tried adding his XML list into the default.PY of rtmpGUI under BASE, and it shows up fine, but errors when I load it..I think it may have something to do with local data in the XML file. So I was wondering is there a way to strip the blacklistworm XML file so it works with the original rtmpGUI, or is there one that already works with rtmpGUI. Thanks in advance, I'm learning Smile
rtmpGUI+ comes with blackoutworm's list build-in.

(2012-03-26, 22:29)Junior Mint Wrote: Hmmm, I just discovered that my LaunchAgents folder contains two files: com.xbmc.SuperTV.plist and com.xbmc.rtmpGUI.plist.

I don't understand why these are here since these plugins should only be loaded when XBMC launches, not when OS X boots up which is what will happen with items in the LaunchAgents folder.
It's autoupdating the EPG every day at 0:00 so that you don't have to wait when you open the channel lists. You had an older version of the plist, which doesn't work anymore. Once you delete it, everything works fine again. I'll add a check that ensures that the latest version of the plists are installed in successive versions.

This only works on Mac OS X and the ATV (and theoretically on GNU/Linux but you have to configure your crontab manually - you should find a 'update.sh' script in the resources folder of the plugins after the first run, which would need to be added to the crontab under GNU/Linux).

The problem is not SuperTV either, it's rtmpGUI+, which was adapted to the SuperTV plist and couldn't find update.py anymore.

And it shouldn't use more than 0.5-2% of the CPU for about 5 minutes to grab the EPG data from all channels either:

If EPG data is already present for all channels, it takes less than 30 seconds and it's done.
My usual request - can't we have Filmon SD streams? - they are free.
HansM or anyone for that matter .. running SuperTv on Aeon Nox it opens in the same panel ( so there is overlap of the programs window and the supertv which opens on the same as well ) and is very transparent hence cannot view it properly ( will post a pic ) any advice !
Why is superTV constantly trying to make connections to different sites? Even when xbmc isn't even open.
(2012-03-27, 06:48)HansMayer Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 22:29)Junior Mint Wrote: Hmmm, I just discovered that my LaunchAgents folder contains two files: com.xbmc.SuperTV.plist and com.xbmc.rtmpGUI.plist.

It's autoupdating the EPG every day at 0:00 so that you don't have to wait when you open the channel lists. You had an older version of the plist, which doesn't work anymore. Once you delete it, everything works fine again. I'll add a check that ensures that the latest version of the plists are installed in successive versions.

This only works on Mac OS X and the ATV (and theoretically on GNU/Linux but you have to configure your crontab manually - you should find a 'update.sh' script in the resources folder of the plugins after the first run, which would need to be added to the crontab under GNU/Linux).

The problem is not SuperTV either, it's rtmpGUI+, which was adapted to the SuperTV plist and couldn't find update.py anymore.

And it shouldn't use more than 0.5-2% of the CPU for about 5 minutes to grab the EPG data from all channels either:

If EPG data is already present for all channels, it takes less than 30 seconds and it's done.

I re-enabled SuperTV, it created the plist in LaunchAgents, and it's misbehaving again. XBMC isn't running, but the python process is using 80-99% CPU and the Console shows that SuperTV is constantly updating channels. It stopped after about 10-15 minutes. I'm keeping my eye on it in the meantime.

Quote:I re-enabled SuperTV, it created the plist in LaunchAgents, and it's misbehaving again. XBMC isn't running, but the python process is using 80-99% CPU and the Console shows that SuperTV is constantly updating channels. It stopped after about 10-15 minutes. I'm keeping my eye on it in the meantime.

Same thing going on here. Not using 99% but bounces from around 11% up to about 88%
It's only been a couple of hours but the SuperTV python process is back to consuming 99% CPU while the Console log shows the python process updating all the SuperTV channels.

According to the log, the update process began at 12:00 PM and has been running continuously for over 90 minutes. I finally stopped it by disabling SuperTV and removing the plist.
Hi
Can anyone help with this stream it works in Navi-x but cannot get it to work in xml file.

name=Sports Net World
thumb=http://sports-4-u.webs.com/sports-4-u.png
URL=rtmp://209.197.30.211/streamsdirectinfo1/channel3 pageUrl=http://streamsdirect.info/forums/index.php SWfurl=http://playerdump.99k.org/play.swf live=1

(2012-03-27, 21:17)Junior Mint Wrote: It's only been a couple of hours but the SuperTV python process is back to consuming 99% CPU while the Console log shows the python process updating all the SuperTV channels.

According to the log, the update process began at 12:00 PM and has been running continuously for over 90 minutes. I finally stopped it by disabling SuperTV and removing the plist.
I've updated rtmpGUI+ to revision 11, now this is working as intended again.

The EPG will however get faster soon, maybe eliminating the need for updating it in the middle of the night altogether.
(2012-03-28, 03:41)HansMayer Wrote: I've updated rtmpGUI+ to revision 11, now this is working as intended again.

I downloaded revision 11 of the rtmpGUI+ from your website, but the plugin now fails to load in XMBC.

Here's the relevant log entry: http://pastebin.com/Qm7ebNh3

(2012-03-28, 05:02)Junior Mint Wrote:
(2012-03-28, 03:41)HansMayer Wrote: I've updated rtmpGUI+ to revision 11, now this is working as intended again.

I downloaded revision 11 of the rtmpGUI+ from your website, but the plugin now fails to load in XMBC.

Classic Python. Revision 12 works.
(2012-03-28, 05:02)Junior Mint Wrote:

i'm same error. xbmc 11.0
Could anyone help me by getting information for how to install supertv and rtmpgui on apple tv? And if I have to jailbreak the apple tv ?
Sorry for my english
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Supert tv heeeeelp!13