Demand 5 plugin issue on atv
Hi,

I have a problem with the demand 5 (uk) plugin from nibor ver 1.0.3.

The issue started last week where new episodes of my favourite soap (neighbours) stopped working.
I run xbmc on atv2 and ever since episode 6454 nothing will play, the system just attempts to play then gives up.

Every episode prior to 6454 plays perfectly. Don't know if this is an atv2 issue, a xbmc build issue or a plugin issue so if anyone can test this and report back, thanks

Have they changed their format or something, please help, lost with out my Neighbours, cause everybody needs good neighbours Smile

I had similar problems, but uninstalled and reinstalled v1.3.3 from http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-itv-player...ip&can=2&q=

Working fine for me last night and my daughter working through 104 episodes of Peppa Pig this morning!!
Hello and thanks for your reply. However, i can confirm that this solution did not work in my case. Nothing after 24th august will play although everything before this date plays flawlessly.

I have tried this on several evices and can confirm the same error on each

Apple TV2, ipad 2 and my HP Media center pc, each running different versions of xbmc, some the latest daily, others the stable release of eden and the only common component is the plugin. 1.3.3 of demand 5.

Can anyone else please test this and confirm the same issue as i think they may be an issue with teh format of the streams from this source since the 24th Auguest.

Please help anyone.
Im also seeing this on my AppleTV running nightly build im also seeing this on the 4OD plugin and 1.3 demand 5 plugin
Glad it's not just me....

I'm having to resort to the demand 5 app but that forces you to watch adverts and the app cannot airplay to my apple tv so i'm having to resort to watching my Neighbours on my iPad Sad

please can the author of this plugin Nibor, please investigate as he hosts the 4od plugin too.

Thank
I am also seeing this exact issue with 4od 1.0.4 and Demand 5 1.3.3

Hope someone can help.
Hi

I maintain the Demand 5 1.3.3 plugin.

Can you raise a bug and send a FULL debug log to the Google Code group please ?

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-itv-player/

Thanks

David
Debug log is here.

Recent streams do not play but no error message is displayed.

http://pastebin.com/Psbws3uS

Thanks,
Looks like they may have switched to rtmpe Confused
(2012-09-11, 22:56)hasselhof Wrote: Looks like they may have switched to rtmpe Confused

Hi, This is exactly what i said in my first post.....

Glad it's not just me who is having this issue, i have however, discovered that youtube host Neighbours episodes from au so we can wath it that way but would be great to get the plugin working again,

As mentioned earlier, they are no errors displayed with the new streams, the process to start the stream starts and displays the 'Working' dialog then this just stops after a while.

4oD and Demand 5 both use the same protocol i guess as this is now not functioning either. However, ALL older streams as mentioned earlier also, all play perfectly.

Please investigate and resolve, any help i can be with testing new plugins, let me know, i have xbmc on all my devices, atv, ios and PC

Thanks
OK - so Channel 5 changed the URL in the pages. I thought I'd fixed it until I tried to watch one of the streams when it all went Pete Tong.

It's going to take me a while - I'm a little snowed under with family, work and study at the moment....

D
So, I've looked at this and can't find an issue.

Taking Peppa Pig as an example, yes there are three series on Demand 5, but when you try and watch an episode from Series 3, the Demand 5 website tells you these are not available to watch on-line.

That is why they are not displayed in the plugin.

Everything else seems to be working just fine.....
(2012-09-14, 21:09)dlake02 Wrote: So, I've looked at this and can't find an issue.

Taking Peppa Pig as an example, yes there are three series on Demand 5, but when you try and watch an episode from Series 3, the Demand 5 website tells you these are not available to watch on-line.

That is why they are not displayed in the plugin.

Everything else seems to be working just fine.....

Hi, try "entertainment/the hotel inspector/series 9/Go Dolphin this older episode works, then try the latest episode called African Queen.
Works for me on Ubuntu...

Can you try this for me on ATV and send me a full debug log please ?

Thanks...
dlake02,

Precisely which version of rtmpdump are you using, and on what platform (e.g. 32-bit x86 Linux)? I've tried many versions, including the latest git master from git://git.ffmpeg.org/rtmpdump and the following Ubuntu versions:

2.4+20111222.git4e06e21-1
2.4~20110711.gitc28f1bab-1

and am still having problems with the newer episodes on demand5 - the downloaded files contain encrypted video and audio packets.

An example of a command-line being created by the addon for a download is:

Code:
/usr/local/bin/rtmpdump --rtmp "rtmpe://bt.fcod.llnwd.net:1935/a800/o10/&"
--flashVer "WIN 11,0,1,152"
--swfVfy "http://admin.brightcove.com/viewer/us20111026.1813/connection/ExternalConnection_2.swf"
--conn Z:
--playpath "mp4:videos/19582164001/19582164001_1828352769001_b17-C5162810005A1-H264-480-16x9.mp4?e=1347725856&h=6f51c11cdabd11b9db1a4c537ffb17b0&__nn__=659726446001"
--verbose  
-o "/Users/abcd/Person of Interest - Episode 5. Judgment.flv"

Are these newer episodes (e.g. the "African Queen" Hotel Inspectors) working for anyone else reading this thread?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Demand 5 plugin issue on atv1