Help with new htpc please !!
I just fired up my new htpc and all seem to be going well...
I installed windows 7/64 oem and set it all up but I can't connect to the internet!!
I have an asrock H77-pro4 m mo/bo with intel i3 2120 cpu.
The lan connection on the htpc shows the activity link as "on" or linked and the speed connection is "orange" or 100Mbps
When I try to connect I get a message saying "windows did not detect and networking hardware"
I'm sure it's just a setting somewhere but I have no idea where to look!!
I went to ie8 and lowered the security settings but that didn't help...

Where should I look nextHuh

Look in device manger and make sure the Ethernet interface is OK, sounds like you don't have a driver loaded.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
Thanks David ,it looks like there were no drivers installed on the m/b.
I was trying to get to the internet to install the latest drivers as sometimes the disc that comes with the
m/b is older...
I am installing the drivers from the disc now...
(2012-09-02, 17:03)rtate Wrote: Thanks David ,it looks like there were no drivers installed on the m/b.
I was trying to get to the internet to install the latest drivers as sometimes the disc that comes with the
m/b is older...
I am installing the drivers from the disc now...
Since you have another PC, you can download the latest LAN driver and save it on a flash drive or CD from here- Realtek Lan driver ver:7048.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
thanks guys, I got the driver from the disc and then updated form the asrock website....
Works great now!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with new htpc please !!0