Very unbalanced 5.1 speaker levels (GTX 670 HDMI Audio)
(2012-09-03, 18:10)DDDamian Wrote: Are the Audessey settings applied on both your bluray input and PC input? Are you comparing apples-to-apples on the audio track itself?

Holy crap. You're right! It was the Audessey settings - specifically the Dynamic EQ. It REALLY boosted the rear speakers. I could have sworn I had all my inputs set the same, but since the Dynamic EQ setting is on a completely different menu than the speaker adjustment settings, I completely missed it. It was enabled on the PC input but disabled on the blu-ray player. This completely explains everything. I can't believe it would do something like that! Thanks so much for your help!
Glad to hear I could help yanathin Smile There's an awesome thread over at avsforums with many good tips about it's intent and effect with great input from one of the developers of it. But yeah, the side/back channels often come as a big surprise.

Anyways - enjoy!

EDIT: here's a link to that thread (all 1,886 pages lol): http://www.avsforum.com/t/795421/officia...-in-post-1
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very unbalanced 5.1 speaker levels (GTX 670 HDMI Audio)0