Frodo Bug? Playing ripped Blu-Rays now shows "titles" menu
I have my blu-rays ripped to disk with the BD menus stripped out. In Eden these just play. But in the newer Frodo builds instead of playing I am taken to a screen which basically shows three title buttons that all seem to do the same thing (play the movie). I think this is a new feature and would probably be great if I had BD menus, but I don't. Can this be detected so that it goes straight to playing the BD like in Eden?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
No response? How about responding with just one number:

1 -> Yes, its a bug. You should fire a but report.
2 -> No, it's supposed to be that way. Idiot.
3 -> I have no idea what you are talking about.
4 -> Nobody cares about your stupid problem. Go away.

(2012-09-04, 02:46)krustyreturns Wrote: No response? How about responding with just one number:

1 -> Yes, its a bug. You should fire a but report.
2 -> No, it's supposed to be that way. Idiot.
3 -> I have no idea what you are talking about.
4 -> Nobody cares about your stupid problem. Go away.
5 -> Of the people who have read my thread, none of them know the answer to my problem, so that's why no one responded.
6 -> Oh, I forgot today is a US holiday and it's currently the middle of the night in Europe, so that's why a lot of people may not have had a chance to read my thread or respond.
7 -> I'm sorry for not following forum rules by bumping my own thread in less than 24 hours and then making snarky remarks to boot; I won't be surprised if people are reluctant to respond favorably to me now.

What is your setting for System > Settings > Video > File lists > Default select action ?
My default setting is "Play". I'm new to xbmc, but I thought that only effected file mode. The problem is not happening in file mode.

Sorry for breaking the forum rules, I missed the 24 hour one, it won't happen again. I also didn't mean to be snarky, it was an attempt at humor (a misguided one - sorry about that too).

I'll be quiet now.
Also, most of the developers were busy this past while(DEV-CON -> http://xbmc.org ) Smile

It's actually the makings of a feature that was added a while back -> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/872

I doubt it is finished, though it does let you see and use the non java menus that some BluRays.
this is not a bug, this is a feature. the heuristic to choose the longest title is far from error prone + sometimes there isn't just a single title of interest on a disc. now you can play em all, before you were effed if the heuristic arsed up.
(2012-09-04, 13:35)spiff Wrote: this is not a bug, this is a feature. the heuristic to choose the longest title is far from error prone + sometimes there isn't just a single title of interest on a disc. now you can play em all, before you were effed if the heuristic arsed up.

That's good news! I have a few BD .isos (concerts mostly) in the library that i neglect to watch because i couldn't get to all the titles.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I can see how this can be feature, but in the case where the menu and all other titles, except the main title, have been removed it just doesn't make sense.

Just for clarity. I have a BD rip with just the main title. When I press start I am presented with three buttons:
1) Play main title
2) Select from all titles
3) Show BD menu

choose 1: plays main title
choose 2: it displays another screen with just one button that (you guessed it) plays the main title
choose 3: plays the main title (I assume because there is no menu)

Doesn't it make more sense that in this case hitting play just plays the main title? Maybe there is a setting that turns this feature off?
(2012-09-04, 13:59)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 13:35)spiff Wrote: this is not a bug, this is a feature. the heuristic to choose the longest title is far from error prone + sometimes there isn't just a single title of interest on a disc. now you can play em all, before you were effed if the heuristic arsed up.

That's good news! I have a few BD .isos (concerts mostly) in the library that i neglect to watch because i couldn't get to all the titles.

Does this mean i can watch following disc:

Avatar with menu containing 3 versions:
- normal version
- DC version (+8 min)
- Extended version (+16min)

now its just a BD i cant watch cause it has a menu..
So this will be able to play in next version?
Yes, you will be able to select from a list of the titles. The titles won't be labeled descriptively, but rather just with numbers (and maybe times?). I haven't tried it out yet actually.

You still should be able to watch any decrypted BD with Eden though. Just no title selections, and as spiff pointed out, a chance that something other than the main title is chosen due to the heuristics.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Would be cool feature but i prefer the subs fixed first lol
I get the purpose of this feature, but could it be disabled through configuration? I use arcsoft TMT to play my blu ray folder rips. I know xbmc can play blu ray content now, but I like having the menus, extra content, and 3d. This "select playback item" menu adds an unnecessary step for those that use an external player for blu rays.
I have a feature request for this and am trying to write a plugin to solve this. Look here.
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Bug? Playing ripped Blu-Rays now shows "titles" menu0