PVR add-ons
You can't rename the lib without compiling it. Just let it be dude - its more complex then you think.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-01-15, 15:19)Memphiz Wrote: You can't rename the lib without compiling it. Just let it be dude - its more complex then you think.

Hi Memphiz, It is very strange.

I have been developing a PVR add-ons and built it together with the rest of dushmaniac's pvr addons and with the source code XBMC for Android also. Doing it this way is all right, the addon works properly. But if I install XBMC apk from XBMC repositories and after instal from ZIP my Addon (same .so genereted that the case before) it is wrong (ERROR: Unable to load /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/pvr.ipna/libXBMC_IPNA.so, reason: Symbol not found)

Have you ever tested any PVR addon installed from zip in XBMC FRODO for Android?

Thanks for you attention
I'm not even sure if XBMC is currently able to install binary addons (which pvr addons are) from zip tbh. IIRC this is still unsupported/non-working.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
yes we can install binary add-ons from zip, but it won't work when built incorrectly. symbols missing can be caused by a number of things, but i guess you're mixing versions or are building against a different sdk than the one that was used to build your apk
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2013-01-17, 02:31)dushmaniac Wrote: yes we can install binary add-ons from zip, but it won't work when built incorrectly. symbols missing can be caused by a number of things, but i guess you're mixing versions or are building against a different sdk than the one that was used to build your apk

Hi dushmaniac,

In order to test my Addon from zip I copy /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib/libXBMC_IPNA.so file (that is OK) into my zip. Then I install XBMC apk (from repositories XBMC) and try to install the Addon from my zip and it is Wrong (ERROR: Unable to load /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/pvr.ipna/libXBMC_IPNA.so, reason: Symbol not found) It is very strange becacuse the .so file is the same in both cases, therefore the versions and sdk is the same.
the resulting lib might be the same, but your xbmc build might be different from the one in our repos (which is probably the case)
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Add-ons for the Frodo release can be found in the 12.0-Frodo tag: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-ad...12.0-Frodo
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

(2013-01-17, 17:31)dushmaniac Wrote: the resulting lib might be the same, but your xbmc build might be different from the one in our repos (which is probably the case)

Hi Dushmaniac,

you are ok, Installing Addons from zip run correctly, my problem could be the version os the NDK used. If i built Addon pvr and XBMC with the same NDK all is correct and the Addon can be installed from zip. But I want to know which is the NDK and SDK used to build the APK of the XBMC frodo stable release which is located in the official XBMC repositories (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/android...bi-v7a.apk) and so building my Addon pvr to be compatible with the official XBMC apk.

The NDK and SDK to build my apk are:

NDK: android-ndk-r7-crystax-5.beta3 with toolchain for platform android-14
SDK: SDK official android with platform android-14

Thanks for all.
no idea, I don't do packaging for Android. TheUni handles that iic

create a pull request if you'd like to have your add-on included in the official repos too
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

I'm working on a new PVR add-on. How do I expose my add-on with the other PVR clients? I tried to mimic what was in the addon.xml file of the some of the PVR clients that are baked into XBMC, but that didn't work. The wiki indicates how to expose plugins in other categories, but not the PVR category.
you can use one of the existing addon.xml files as example: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-ad...don.xml.in
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

@dushmaniac Yup, I did that ( explained in the third sentence of my original question Smile ) but my add-on didn't show up in the add-ons PVR section.

Also, I asked a similar question here because I thought that might be a better place to post. I am unable to delete it though, can you do that?

I have some basic questions:

1.) How do I expose my add-on with the other PVR clients? I tried to mimic what was in the addon.xml file of the some of the PVR clients that are baked into XBMC, but that didn't work. The wiki indicates how to expose plugins in other categories, but not the PVR category.

2.) The hdhomerun.dll file in the xbmc/system directory is libhdhomerun, or at least a portion of it. Can I access these functions from XBMC or should I recompile libhdhomerun and distribute it with my plugin?

3.) None of the baked in PVR clients are using XBMC's Python interface. I was expecting to see some higher level classes and function calls for the PVR stuff in xbmcgui, but I didn't find them which makes me think they are not available to Python add-ons. I don't want to make an add-on that is a program like TV Guide, I want my add-on to be/feel "integrated" into XBMC like the PVR clients that are baked in. Can I do this with a Python add-on? If not then what must I do for my plugin to have that baked in PVR look and feel?
Bump
1) do what the other add-ons do, create an add-on zip like any other add-on, and then you can add it in xbmc
2) nope
3) nope, you can't do python add-ons for pvr at this time. only c and c++.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

@Dushmaniac: Are there big diferences in compiling a pvr-addon for osx and ios? Can you take a look at this topic, we need some help in compiling an addon for iOS
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1339559

Thanks in advance
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR add-ons2