PVR add-ons
Exclamation 
I'd like to ask all PVR add-on authors to provide a pull request for https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons with the latest stable version of their add-on, if it compiles and works on all platforms we support (windows, bsd, osx/ios/atv, linux)

This way, new users will have 1 central source to find the latest stable PVR add-ons, and this will be used as source for a binary add-on repos later on.

Add-ons that are not in this repos will not be supported and might stop working when the api is changed later.

Add-ons that are now included:
  • pvr.demo: Demo add-on to demonstrate PVR functionality
  • pvr.fortherecord.argus: add-on for the Fortherecord server
  • pvr.hts: add-on for the HTS Tvheadend server
  • pvr.mediaportal.tvserver: add-on for the Mediaportal tvserver
  • pvr.nextpvr: add-on for the Nextpvr server
  • pvr.njoy: basic add-on for the Njoy N7 device
  • pvr.vdr.vnsi: add-on for the VDR VNSI server
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Working on that right now for all additional addons that were in my XBMC pvr tree...

Adding the addons alone is not enough. I'm also working on porting some pieces of the Windows BuildDependencies stuff in order to get the required lib curl support for the NJoy and ForTheRecord pvr addons.

My development branch already contains the ForTheRecord pvr addon, a Windows compatible version of the NJoy addon and a compiling VuPlus addon.
XVDR is still a bit of work at the Windows side but this should be also not too difficult to add.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
great, thanks!
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

@margro

It would be great, if you could include the XVDR addon into xbmc-pvr-addon since pipelka does not seem to be interested to do it. I wrote him to do that, but i get no answer. I know many users of this addon, so this would be cool.
XBMC OSX/iOS/ATV2 Builds (margro): http://xbmc.picmania.org
ok, in that case: i'm not interested either.
and having two add-ons for the same server only works confusing. xvdr (which is just a fork of our vnsi add-on that pipelka renamed cause he disagreed with us/me) can be merged back into vnsi if you like to see support for it in our add-on repos.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Who is confused with two addons? Most of the VDR users use the XVDR addon. So in my opinion VNSI also could be removed. Or is there still development? For me XVDR is more recent, faster and more stable at the moment.

And why don't let the user choose the best addon for himself?!
XBMC OSX/iOS/ATV2 Builds (margro): http://xbmc.picmania.org
The user can, as always, do what he wants. He just shouldn't expect official support for every fork on the planet. That's why we are looking for cooperation of authors here.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
While knowing this (first) post/rant is/will get offtopic, my EUR 0,02 anyway:

Regarding VDR I'd rather ditch VNSI as this feels (and probably is) unmaintained feature and bugfix-wise. XVDR has fixed several problems (e.g. with VNSI, after not very long playback duration it starts to drop/malform packets, the result is picture distortion and audio dropouts; also happens when streaming via loopback. The "fix" is to switch channels forth and back...) while VNSI just seems to be pushed from here to there for quite some time now. So if for whatever reason it isn't possible to get XVDR into -pvr-addons, I'd really welcome margro's move to get it in shape and - in consequence - included (and if two clients are not feasible/wanted, as a replacement for VNSI).
why not simply merge the XVDR changes back to the VNSI addon?
The xvdr vs vnsi saga is really annoying from an end-user perspective, this is just silly.
It's a real shame because vdr is way better than any other backend I've tried, fast, reliable and light and no sql bs needed (the only drawback is the kernel headers dependency).

(2012-09-13, 21:41)da-anda Wrote: why not simply merge the XVDR changes back to the VNSI addon?
I don't believe that open source means you can start copy paste code from one project to the other, this is not a proper solution.
xvdr has a developer maintaining the project so it should be his responsibility to make the changes to comply with xbmc code changes and guidelines, another developer can pr these changes to xvdr main git tree but the maintaining developer has to accept these changes.

This is the proper way to go, unless you've got a developer willing to fork xvdr and ready (and able) to maintain this fork and I don't see this happening soon.

p.s. As a non developer I had my share of compiling xvdr and making code adjustments to compile on windows and was able to have xvdr on windows, no good came from that because I now needed to follow any code change from xbmc's pvr api and xvdr, just a huge pita.
For now, you try the copy in the development branch of my xbmc-pvr-addons fork
(https://github.com/margro/xbmc-pvr-addon...evelopment)
I've moved the last version from my Eden pvr tree to this repository and updated the addon sources with the latest version of Pipelka. I don't know if it works but it compiles at least for Linux and Windows.

Although it is part of my xbmc-pvr-addons fork, the current XVDR addon code is definitely not ready for inclusion in the official xbmc-pvr-addons repository because the XVDR addon still relies on the old libPlatform and libTcpSocket and pthreads for Windows code. Similar to all other pvr addons, the XVDR addon should be rewritten to use the new platform library instead.

As dhead already said, it is difficult to maintain the addon when pipelka is following its own route. So don't expect further maintenance from my side.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
So, where to find the VNSI repo?

[EDIT]:
Found it. You put in into the vnsi addon:
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-ad...r.vdr.vnsi
Hi, I want to build pvr-addons for android but i am having some problems. Is necesary using Crystax NDK ? Can anyone show me an example of the ./configure command?

Thank for your attention and work
checkout the sources from github.com/xbmc

And follow the buildsteps for the dependencies.

After that pvr addons can be built in tree with "make -C tools/android/depends/xbmc-pvr-addons"
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I think that installing pvr addons from zip could be failing in xbmc frodo for Android. I think so because if i install pvr.demo from zip (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/pvr.../pvr.demo/) but with the libXBMC_Demo.so name changed by libXBMC_jaime.so (not only in name of the .so file if not also in addon.xml and addon.xml.in).

when load addon pvr.demo included in XBMC the loging is DEBUG: Loading: /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib/libXBMC_Demo.so but when i load my pvr addon from .zip the log is or ERROR: Unable to load /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/pvr.jaime/libXBMC_jaime.so, reason: (Symbol not found) (sometimes also ERROR: Unable to load /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/pvr.jaime/libXBMC_jaime.so, reason: (null)). The file .so is the same and the only that change is the name file and the place where it is loaded.

Does anyone Know if there is any prblem with pvr addons inslladed from zip??

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR add-ons2