• 2(current)
Release XBMC Immersive
(2012-09-04, 20:05)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 18:08)otcho Wrote: I really need to update my XBMCBuntu to a more recent build. After installation, the skin crashes on Eden which results in a XBMC 'stop and restart loop'.
Yeah, as I said, it's only been tested and coded on Pre-Frodo releases. YMMV when it comes to using the skin with Eden though I'd be interested to get a look at the debug log to see why it caused XBMC to go into a crash loop.

Sorry, i've deleted them. But your screenshots made me update to a nightly build and I'm very impressed with this skin!

Which release do you use? because Eden is crashing.

The Skin is awesome!!!
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
(2012-09-09, 21:08)moneymaker Wrote: Which release do you use? because Eden is crashing.

The Skin is awesome!!!

It's been tested and developed using the Pre-Frodo snapshots. Alpha 5 is what I currently use and is the only version of XBMC that is officially supported by the skin. YMMV if you use a previous version. Eden is not supported as there are some features in the skin that are simply not found in that version of XBMC.

If you plan to try it out, please make a backup of your Userdata folder before installing the Pre-Frodo version in case you need to downgrade back to Eden.

Oh and thanks! I'm happy you think it's awesome. New update to come at the end of the week with new features, bug fixes and support for more addons. TV Aired Next, PseudoTV and Traktr / Trakt Utilities are currently in the process of being finished with Global Search to be included hopefully as well.

Extended view is fantastic, brilliant work all round.

EDIT: If i'm going to be picky, it's a little difficult to distinguish between the watched/unwatched icons.
@watched/unwatched - I thought the same. I'd simply drop the "unwatched" icon - no need for it. Just indicate if it's watched.

Although I usually don't like the metro design, I have to admit it's working pretty well in this skin. Good work.
What's the meaning of this new button 'Lock Media Sources' or something, when you open the view options ? I don't see the meaning of it and it's not in Confluence either.
You always had a great touch on artwork but your typography skills are top notch. Very professional!!

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I too had problems with this crashing on my OS X machine, but I finally got it running on my Linux box. Happy to say it was worth the effort. I really love the work you put into the overall information design; The little things like progress bars on the videos to represent resume state, etc. It's the first skin I've come across that may dethrone Refocus on my system. Keep up the good work! I look forward towards your continued refinements.
Very beaytiful skin!

I love it
(2012-09-11, 18:40)otcho Wrote: What's the meaning of this new button 'Lock Media Sources' or something, when you open the view options ? I don't see the meaning of it and it's not in Confluence either.

This is a feature used when a user has locked a source via password protection. It's not normally used and will probably be removed to help reduce confusion.

(2012-09-14, 20:22)oo_void Wrote: I too had problems with this crashing on my OS X machine, but I finally got it running on my Linux box. Happy to say it was worth the effort. I really love the work you put into the overall information design; The little things like progress bars on the videos to represent resume state, etc. It's the first skin I've come across that may dethrone Refocus on my system. Keep up the good work! I look forward towards your continued refinements.

Refocus is still my all-time favorite skin for XBMC. Jeroen has done an amazing job with his skin. I only hope he continues to work on it in the future.

(2012-09-13, 04:25)mcborzu Wrote: You always had a great touch on artwork but your typography skills are top notch. Very professional!!

(2012-09-16, 16:22)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: Very beaytiful skin!

I love it

Thank you for the kind words! Things have been a bit slow this past week and I blame it all on the release of Guild Wars 2. Tongue I picked up a copy for my wife and I to play and she's been dragging me away from my coding duties. I was able to steal a few hours to add support for the TV Show Next Aired addon, refine the video info screen, finish the bookmark window and a few more refinements. I plan on sequestering myself tomorrow and get cracking on finishing the file browser so that it's usable and tidy up a few more things in order to release Preview 2.

If anyone has any suggestions, get them in now so I have time to design and code them for Preview 3. Also, if you happen to come across any bugs / glitches, email me a screenshot and description to [email protected] with the title "XBMC Immersive - Bug".
I have suggestions!

Under movies, music or tv shows the left part with genres,titles, year, etc. is to large or should be in another place (at the top of the page like xperience for exemple) and the "titles" button, in my opinion have to be the very first button instead of genres. Indeed it is not easy to go to featured, recently added, etc.

And you should add a quick niavigation bar: to go from left tiles or button to featured, on deck, etc. I have to press right left and go thruough each square. It is a bit boring and long to reach the end.

I see you don't know at this time which design to choose, maybe you could let users choose with and option in settings?

Personnally i love the side menu slide instead of appbar or buttons (genres, titles,etc) in myblablanav.xml

From myblablablanav.xml to home menu, maybe it could be more userfreindly (think of WAF) to go back directly to home instead of genre, year, etc.

For unknown reasons, one of my tvshow had thumb view at season level, but it is not an available view as i can't choose this for others. It is a very nice view (it cuts season posters and this very beautiful) i wish it could added.

In now playing music i love the song title and square effects but it is the artist fanart in the background. Maybe you should give the option to choose album fanart (i did it in my refocus mod, this is very good looking listenning to prometheus ost with movie fanart instead of artist fanart is really cool)

I can also make french translation for your skin. Tell me if you want or not.

I will give you other suggestions if i find some!

w2w
(2012-09-17, 00:16)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: I have suggestions!

Under movies, music or tv shows the left part with genres,titles, year, etc. is too large or should be in another place (at the top of the page like xperience for example) and the "titles" button, in my opinion have to be the very first button instead of genres. Indeed it is not easy to go to featured, recently added, etc.

I completely agree with you. Unfortunately, it's nothing something I can remedy at the moment. Once $VAR allows numeric variables, it'll be easy to fix and is already planned for. The issue with 'Titles' not being first is a core XBMC issue and again, something that isn't easily changed.

(2012-09-17, 00:16)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: And you should add a quick navigation bar: to go from left tiles or button to featured, on deck, etc. I have to press right left and go through each square. It is a bit boring and long to reach the end.

(2012-09-17, 00:16)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: I see you don't know at this time which design to choose, maybe you could let users choose with and option in settings?

Personally i love the side menu slide instead of appbar or buttons (genres, titles,etc) in myblablanav.xml

An option is probably the best solution and will be included in Preview 2.

(2012-09-17, 00:16)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: From myblablablanav.xml to home menu, maybe it could be more user-friendly (think of WAF) to go back directly to home instead of genre, year, etc.

I'll try to make things a little easier to navigate.

(2012-09-17, 00:16)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: For unknown reasons, one of my tvshow had thumb view at season level, but it is not an available view as i can't choose this for others. It is a very nice view (it cuts season posters and this very beautiful) i wish it could added.

(2012-09-17, 00:16)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: In now playing music i love the song title and square effects but it is the artist fanart in the background. Maybe you should give the option to choose album fanart (i did it in my refocus mod, this is very good looking listening to prometheus ost with movie fanart instead of artist fanart is really cool)

I'll look into these suggestions.

(2012-09-17, 00:16)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: I can also make french translation for your skin. Tell me if you want or not.

I'd definitely be interested in a French translation and thank you for volunteering. I'm going to hold off though as things are still in development and I'd hate to have ask translators to keep changing things. Once the skin hits 'release version' I'll send out the request.

Also, I really appreciate you taking the time to offer your suggestions and hope I can alleviate some of the issues you are experiencing with future updates.
Really nice skin! Impressive work but I found the home menu not user friendly at all, very slow to navigate through, it s a pity because the rest is eally impressive!...
Can t you put an option to a simpler homemenu, juste the blue square: vide ,film,add on....no on deck,watchlist or whatsoever?
I know it s by design, it sjust my opinion, metro style is not so easy to use, not so practical, I read you re a fan of focus (me too!) and it s home menu is really simple!
Anyway good work!
Cheers
This is the BEST skin for XBMC out there! It's very clear you have a lot of skinning and design talent.
(2012-09-17, 02:32)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 00:16)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: I have suggestions!

Under movies, music or tv shows the left part with genres,titles, year, etc. is too large or should be in another place (at the top of the page like xperience for example) and the "titles" button, in my opinion have to be the very first button instead of genres. Indeed it is not easy to go to featured, recently added, etc.

I completely agree with you. Unfortunately, it's nothing something I can remedy at the moment. Once $VAR allows numeric variables, it'll be easy to fix and is already planned for. The issue with 'Titles' not being first is a core XBMC issue and again, something that isn't easily changed.

(2012-09-17, 00:16)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: And you should add a quick navigation bar: to go from left tiles or button to featured, on deck, etc. I have to press right left and go through each square. It is a bit boring and long to reach the end.

(2012-09-17, 00:16)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: I see you don't know at this time which design to choose, maybe you could let users choose with and option in settings?

Personally i love the side menu slide instead of appbar or buttons (genres, titles,etc) in myblablanav.xml

An option is probably the best solution and will be included in Preview 2.

(2012-09-17, 00:16)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: From myblablablanav.xml to home menu, maybe it could be more user-friendly (think of WAF) to go back directly to home instead of genre, year, etc.

I'll try to make things a little easier to navigate.

(2012-09-17, 00:16)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: For unknown reasons, one of my tvshow had thumb view at season level, but it is not an available view as i can't choose this for others. It is a very nice view (it cuts season posters and this very beautiful) i wish it could added.

(2012-09-17, 00:16)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: In now playing music i love the song title and square effects but it is the artist fanart in the background. Maybe you should give the option to choose album fanart (i did it in my refocus mod, this is very good looking listening to prometheus ost with movie fanart instead of artist fanart is really cool)

I'll look into these suggestions.

(2012-09-17, 00:16)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: I can also make french translation for your skin. Tell me if you want or not.

I'd definitely be interested in a French translation and thank you for volunteering. I'm going to hold off though as things are still in development and I'd hate to have ask translators to keep changing things. Once the skin hits 'release version' I'll send out the request.

Also, I really appreciate you taking the time to offer your suggestions and hope I can alleviate some of the issues you are experiencing with future updates.

Hey, thanks for these words. I hope you can put them in a next preview (in this way i will not have to mod it in some way!!!)

For the translation, i will work on it right now: because it will be easier for me to use immersive

w2w
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Immersive26