• 4(current)
Release XBMC Immersive
With all of the changes happening with Frodo, the planned update has had to be pushed back further than I had wished. Unfortunately for those that have been waiting, you're going to have to wait a little longer. On a more positive note though, the push back has given me some extra time to tweak a few things and add more addon support. I've added support for the fanatastic ForumBrowser addon. MovieSets addon and Big Picture addon.

Tweaked the DialogVideoInfo.xml window

More screenshots to come soon.
This is really nice. I like how clean it looks, and how nice the fonts look like. They seem to be really good to read from afar.
Wow. This is some seriously nice work right here.
I can't wait for the next update!!!
That forum addon seems just to beautyfull, really nice work. Maybe a small icon that shows watched/unwatched in the DialogVideoInformation? Might be a bit double since you can see its watched in the screen before already ofcourse.
Skim looks beautiful, but when I load it on different versions of Frodo, it always glitches the same way. For example, the highlighted text is invisible. Maybe I have to wait for the next version. Smile
(2012-11-10, 19:21)Frore Wrote: Skim looks beautiful, but when I load it on different versions of Frodo, it always glitches the same way. For example, the highlighted text is invisible. Maybe I have to wait for the next version. Smile

Never had that happen to me. Would you mind giving a little more information about your setup - OS, version of XBMC, etc. Also, if you have a Debug Log handy that would help a lot. Does the invisible text happen with all color sets or just the default? Is there a color set that it works?

Now, on to some screenshots and update news. I've been busy trying to get everything ready for another preview release. If nothing drastic changes with XBMC in the next week or so, I think it'll be ready. Recently switched over to Skin Widgets addon - didn't take too much hassle so thanks to Martijn for that. Due to popular demand, I've made navigating the home screen and hubs much easier. Scrollbars are now ignored and moving between sections should be a lot smoother.

Also, over the weekend I set about finishing the skin for the ForumBrowser addon and it's nearly finished. There are still one or two dialogs that need coding but the hard part is out of the way. Since there was a couple of people that seemed to like what I previewed earlier here are some more screenshots to whet your appetite.

Splash screen with new icon

Main forum screen*

Threads screen

Messages screen*

*vertical text is a pain in the ass and the cause of many a hour of frustration and hair pulling.

Once I've gotten ForumBrowser completed, I'll be looking to do another addon. Any suggestions? What addons do everyone use that'll need an accompanying skin? I was thinking of doing Navi-X but it's not something I use very often. Thoughts?
(2012-11-10, 19:21)Frore Wrote: Skim looks beautiful, but when I load it on different versions of Frodo, it always glitches the same way. For example, the highlighted text is invisible. Maybe I have to wait for the next version. Smile

I, too, have this issue on multiple pre-frodo nightlies om my raspberry pi.
(2012-11-12, 14:20)Sranshaft Wrote: Once I've gotten ForumBrowser completed, I'll be looking to do another addon. Any suggestions? What addons do everyone use that'll need an accompanying skin? I was thinking of doing Navi-X but it's not something I use very often. Thoughts?

I'd suggest some of the most popular like YouTube, vimeo, spotimc (the addon!). A decent YouTube skin would be a good start I guess, because it doesn't get much love from most skins Smile
Here are some screenshots of the "white on white" issues I am having along with a debug log:
https://www.box.com/shared/kld2ougzevhdahspgagq

EDIT: no accent color changes the behaviour, the all have the same issue.
(2012-11-12, 19:48)Horscht Wrote: Here are some screenshots of the "white on white" issues I am having along with a debug log:

I am on AppleTV 2 and I have the same issues, as you describe. I'm not home, so I can't provide all the details. I'll provide them later tonight.
(2012-11-12, 18:10)Horscht Wrote:

I, too, have this issue on multiple pre-frodo nightlies om my raspberry pi.

(2012-11-12, 22:00)Frore Wrote:
(2012-11-12, 19:48)Horscht Wrote: Here are some screenshots of the "white on white" issues I am having along with a debug log:

I am on AppleTV 2 and I have the same issues, as you describe. I'm not home, so I can't provide all the details. I'll provide them later tonight.

Thanks for narrowing it down. It looks to be an issue with AppleTV2 and Raspberry Pi builds and <colordiffuse>. Unfortunately I don't have the hardware so I can't really debug anything. Best suggestion I have is you might want to relay the information to the specific forums and see if others are having the same issues. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you guys. I'll see what I can do though.
So pretty

And I would have to second a good YouTube skin Tongue
Advanced Launcher would be my suggestion for an addon to support in the future
(2012-11-12, 19:32)otcho Wrote: I'd suggest some of the most popular like YouTube, vimeo, spotimc (the addon!). A decent YouTube skin would be a good start I guess, because it doesn't get much love from most skins Smile

I'll look into the Spotimc addon. It looks like it's a prime candidate for a custom, Metro-fied skin.

(2012-11-13, 02:20)username145 Wrote: So pretty

And I would have to second a good YouTube skin Tongue

The problem with adding a YouTube skin is that the addon uses the already available views. It doesn't use its own .xml files so it limits the customization for it.

(2012-11-13, 02:41)reksveks Wrote: Advanced Launcher would be my suggestion for an addon to support in the future

I have a few ideas for Advanced Launcher and will definitely be adding support for it very soon.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Immersive26