• 41(current)
Release XBMC Immersive
Hi!

I have no idea how skins works in XBMC, but I've been able to modify your theme to suit my needs.
There's one thing I would like to know : how to make the animations faster? I mean, when I open a menu, it's not long "long" but I really would like the menus to open more quickly Wink
@secretliar: You'll want to do a search for <animation*> and adjust the time and delay parameters of them. Remember the time is in milliseconds so if you want an animation to last 5 seconds, you'll want to type time=5000, and so on.

In update news

I just pushed the first update for Gotham compatibility to GitHub. It's just a start but it's working. It's still in the testing phase and bugs will be encountered so if this isn't something you're willing to deal with, stick with the previous version until things are smoothed out.
(2014-04-11, 11:44)Sranshaft Wrote: @secretliar: You'll want to do a search for <animation*> and adjust the time and delay parameters of them. Remember the time is in milliseconds so if you want an animation to last 5 seconds, you'll want to type time=5000, and so on.

In update news

I just pushed the first update for Gotham compatibility to GitHub. It's just a start but it's working. It's still in the testing phase and bugs will be encountered so if this isn't something you're willing to deal with, stick with the previous version until things are smoothed out.

I have tested this in Gotham and it does work very happy to see you back in action this is the best metro skin for XBMC the best of all congratulations and hope to see this grow better.
Thanks for the updates Sranshaft!
Thanks for the update! I can now move back to immersive on Gotham!
(2014-04-11, 11:44)Sranshaft Wrote: I just pushed the first update for Gotham compatibility to GitHub.

Awesome.

This is by far my favourite skin and it makes me very happy to see that it is getting some Gotham love.

Thank you Sranshaft!
is there a way to make the favorites show up as just icons and not in a scrolling list but laid out like tiles instead? or is there a way to add add-on tiles to the homescreen without using favorites because that would be prefered. i dont really use any local content, mostly just content from add-ons so i just want a nice skin like this but with the icons on the homscreen like windows 8 tiles
(2014-04-18, 18:08)bloodykiller86 Wrote: is there a way to make the favorites show up as just icons and not in a scrolling list but laid out like tiles instead? or is there a way to add add-on tiles to the homescreen without using favorites because that would be prefered. i dont really use any local content, mostly just content from add-ons so i just want a nice skin like this but with the icons on the homscreen like windows 8 tiles

You can click the down arrow on the home screen if using the tile layout or the favourites menu item if not. This will open the favourites window which will display your items in a tile-like layout. Pressing up or down will close this window and return you to the home screen.
(2014-04-19, 04:24)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2014-04-18, 18:08)bloodykiller86 Wrote: is there a way to make the favorites show up as just icons and not in a scrolling list but laid out like tiles instead? or is there a way to add add-on tiles to the homescreen without using favorites because that would be prefered. i dont really use any local content, mostly just content from add-ons so i just want a nice skin like this but with the icons on the homscreen like windows 8 tiles

You can click the down arrow on the home screen if using the tile layout or the favourites menu item if not. This will open the favourites window which will display your items in a tile-like layout. Pressing up or down will close this window and return you to the home screen.

not really what im looking for. i'd want to have it on the main screen truthfully. also im experiencing some weirdness with the settings menu. on the default theme, my settings menu looks a little different than the from the ones ive seen in screenshots from others, seems to be missing the picture that's supposed to be on the right. here's an example

http://imgur.com/emIQ5J6

the second thing that seems wrong is while in personalize, the words show up but the selection highlight makes the font white and you can see it. here's an example of that

regular

http://imgur.com/lKe7If0

selected
http://imgur.com/R15BgQ6

and for color themes the issue is always the same

regular
http://imgur.com/MrvlJf1

selected
http://imgur.com/aze6f4T

and 1 last question lol sorry not trying to nag you. you're theme is awesome Smile

how do i change the label for the previous page from what it is now ".." to "go back" or "previous page"
1. That's about as far as I'll go to adding favourites to the home screen. You can always mod it yourself if you really want.

2. That's the normal settings window. Nothing wrong there.

3. Tested and I'm not seeing the issues you're showing. You seem to be using a modified colour scheme - at least you're first image shows that. Which version of XBMC are you using? The newest one on GitHub is only for Gotham.

4. Nothing I can do about that, sorry.
(2014-04-20, 15:16)Sranshaft Wrote: 1. That's about as far as I'll go to adding favourites to the home screen. You can always mod it yourself if you really want.

2. That's the normal settings window. Nothing wrong there.

3. Tested and I'm not seeing the issues you're showing. You seem to be using a modified colour scheme - at least you're first image shows that. Which version of XBMC are you using? The newest one on GitHub is only for Gotham.

4. Nothing I can do about that, sorry.

yeah i modded it to my liking. by trial and error, i just made the "on deck" section into static icons that point to add-ons so that worked out so no worries about the favorites section i was talking about earlier lol and really? maybe thats the issue then. i didnt know the github one was only for gotham. where is the older link for 12.3? and the only modification i made to the theme was change the radio button picture because i couldnt tell which was on and which was off lol and oh well no worries about the "previous page" thing. ill just hide the parent folders if anything. one last question, how can i hide the favorites icon from the bottom of the and only have the tile? i force linked a tile but obviously the button is still on the buttom of the screen. its not a huge deal, just a lil something i want to change.

reason im asking so many questions is that your theme was a perfect base for what i needed to do which was make a really easy to use theme for my less than tech savy family members lol so far its looking great. just a few quirks here and there and i should have it done. i cheated with a few things but they work so its okay lol i need to learn some python and coding in general. i can figure things out by googling info i need most the time but that doesnt always work lol

edit: well i updated to gotham and modified all my plugins "addons.xml" file to let them all work in gotham. maybe not be the best way but it works lol thanks for the help. pretty much it all setup how i like. your skin is really one of the most beautiful ones ive seen and ive tried many but all were too bloated. thanks again Smile
u have the best skin here, please make a repo and more language translation.
I think it's a very nice skin, but the big font is, in my opinion, not very elegant. Too fat and it takes up too much screen space.
Perhaps a lighter font could be used (as in the rest of the skin)?
the font isnt good for charachters like "ä ü ı ş ğ'
(2014-04-27, 11:48)bertbeukema Wrote: I think it's a very nice skin, but the big font is, in my opinion, not very elegant. Too fat and it takes up too much screen space.
Perhaps a lighter font could be used (as in the rest of the skin)?

Fonts won't be changed. I hope you can appreciate the decision.

(2014-04-28, 01:18)babesumitra Wrote: the font isnt good for charachters like "ä ü ı ş ğ'

u have the best skin here, please make a repo and more language translation.

That's an XBMC issue unfortunately and nothing I can change short of modifying the font files by hand. A repo will eventually get created and language translation is the next big update that is coming. At the moment I'm going through and making a list of all hard-coded strings.

Update news

Now that Gotham has been officially released, I just pushed another update that will make Immersive even more compatible with Gotham. From now on Immersive will only be compatible with Gotham and any changes that have been will more than likely break compatibility with previous versions of XBMC.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Immersive26