• 28(current)
Why not WMC as backend?
(2013-08-13, 22:56)JuggalotusHeat Wrote:
(2013-08-13, 21:15)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-08-13, 19:26)JuggalotusHeat Wrote: The server itself isn't throwing any errors when this occurs. Here is the server log as well as XBMC debug.

http://pastebin.com/KqY2HdZe - XBMC debug
http://pastebin.com/f8EP9A46 - WMC Server

Yeah the server has never heard of the client. It looks you are running them on the same machine, but somehow the socket communication between them is throwing an error. When you first ran the server, windows should have thrown up a window asking you if its okay to allow the server to communicate, did you allow it?

I did not see any popups. Are you referring to Windoze asking for firewall permissions? I'll do a full reinstall of the server again and see if I missed something.

Yeah something like that. I'm pretty sure an exception is being thrown when the server tries to open the a socket for listening to clients. The first time you run it, windows should ask you if its okay with you - I have not experimented in seeing what happens if you say no (!). I have changed the server to do better error reporting (i.e. some error reporting) on the opening of the socket. Maybe wait until I put it up before you try again. I'll do it soon. You can just install right over the last version.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2013-08-13, 21:57)asm495 Wrote: This is working fairly well for me. Issues that I have:

- Trying to stream a programme that is currently recording causes a crash (error below)

StreamProc> started remux, live stream 'ts' file: RecordingTV_BENDER_2013_08_13_20_40_53.ts
StreamProc> 'ts' file created, size: 65,536 in 0.09 sec
StreamProc> total time: 0.09 sec
OpenRecordingStream> current stream file size: 98,304
OpenRecordingStream> returning client's path to recording: smb:\\FRY\Recorded TV2\TempXBMC\RecordingTV_BENDER_2013_08_13_20_40_53.ts
Finished request OpenRecordingStream in 0.10s
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ServerWMC.RecService.StreamFileSize(String[] args)
at ServerWMC.MainWindow.ProcessClientRequest(String request, String socketType)
at ServerWMC.SocketServer.ReceiveCallback(IAsyncResult ar): SocketServer::ReceiveCallback: {0}

- Playing back HD content (MPEG4) is jerky. This is on my main desktop PC (Core i5, dedicated graphics, 8GB RAM) and it should not have any issues. It plays smoothly very briefly and then it pauses for a fraction of a second before rushing to catch-up again. The log is below of the stream I was trying:

Received client request: BENDER|OpenLiveStream|65045|0|1|BBC Two HD/2
OpenLiveStream> client: BENDER requesting live stream
StreamProc> live-tv started
SetChannel> isAlreadyTuned: False
SetChannel> Tuner: TBS 6981 BDA DVBS/S2 A Tuner/Demod #1
SetChannel> Digital: True
SetChannel> Encrypted: False
SetChannel> RecorderInfo found: True
SetChannel> Tuner: TBS 6981 BDA DVBS/S2 B Tuner/Demod #1
SetChannel> Digital: True
SetChannel> Encrypted: False
SetChannel> RecorderInfo found: True
SetChannel> Recorder Content Protection: PROT_COPY_FREE
SetChannel> Recorder acquired: True
StreamProc> wtv file size: 3,145,728 in 3.33 sec
StreamProc> stream output file: LiveTV_BENDER_DVB-S_2_2013_08_13_20_44_20.ts
Remux> Scanning for stream info
Remux> Streams scanned (0.0260 sec):
> Other: 0x46 MPEG2 PES
> Audio: 0x47 (eng) AC3 2.0 48000 Hz 192 kb/s
> Video: 0x48 AVC High-4.0 1920x1080i fps: 25
> Other: 0x49 MS TV Caption
> Audio: 0x4A (nar) MPEG Audio V1L2 Stereo 48000 Hz 256 kb/s
StreamProc> started remux, live stream 'ts' file: LiveTV_BENDER_DVB-S_2_2013_08_13_20_44_20.ts
StreamProc> 'ts' file created, size: 262,144 in 0.11 sec
StreamProc> total time: 3.44 sec
OpenLiveStream> stream path returned to client: smb:\\FRY\Recorded TV2\TempXBMC\LiveTV_BENDER_DVB-S_2_2013_08_13_20_44_20.ts
Finished request OpenLiveStream in 3.44s

I'll take 'fairly well' at this stage.

I'll look into the crash log, but can you tell me if the crash for a currently recording program happens every time?

Are you saying that only MPEG4 has this jerky playback?
Hey everybody,

Let kill this thread since most of it has nothing to do with bugs and features in the released code. Please post to the new thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171216

thanks,
--kr
(2013-08-14, 00:46)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-08-13, 22:56)JuggalotusHeat Wrote:
(2013-08-13, 21:15)krustyreturns Wrote: Yeah the server has never heard of the client. It looks you are running them on the same machine, but somehow the socket communication between them is throwing an error. When you first ran the server, windows should have thrown up a window asking you if its okay to allow the server to communicate, did you allow it?

I did not see any popups. Are you referring to Windoze asking for firewall permissions? I'll do a full reinstall of the server again and see if I missed something.

Yeah something like that. I'm pretty sure an exception is being thrown when the server tries to open the a socket for listening to clients. The first time you run it, windows should ask you if its okay with you - I have not experimented in seeing what happens if you say no (!). I have changed the server to do better error reporting (i.e. some error reporting) on the opening of the socket. Maybe wait until I put it up before you try again. I'll do it soon. You can just install right over the last version.

The issue was that another program was listening on 9080. I changed the port to 10000 and I'm up and running. The popup you were referring to is only if Windows Firewall is enabled, but mine is disabled. Maybe you guys can throw in a port check to make sure the client isn't listening on a utilized port?
(2013-08-14, 00:58)krustyreturns Wrote: I'll take 'fairly well' at this stage.

I'll look into the crash log, but can you tell me if the crash for a currently recording program happens every time?

Are you saying that only MPEG4 has this jerky playback?

I tried about 3 times to play a programme that was currently recording and each time a crash box popped up referencing your development environment I presume (victor).

Yes, only MPEG4 has the issues. Standard Def channels play without a hitch.

I am really excited by this project - keep up the great work!
(2013-03-15, 04:53)krustyreturns Wrote: Okay, so the "Quick" part of "QuickWMC" is a bit of a stretch.

You really can't get the starting of wmc to be much faster, that's just how long it takes to start up (at least I got rid of the start-up animation). There is an earlier post in this thread where a user said they were using event ghost to start the shortcut instead of advanced launcher, I doubt its much faster but I don't think you will get the dos window anymore.

I can't expect many to want to devote much time to this, but the dos prompt isn't an "Advanced Launcher Necessity"

Krusty, I've been watching this thread with anticipation, and can't wait for the PVR playback woes in XBMCs player to become streamlined. My primary HTPC doubles as a server, and after a 3 month trial run of NPVR/XBMC/Comcast, I've switched back to WMC. I've been using the QuickWMC version you have posted in this thread (linked from your skydrive).

I'm not really sure how the program arguments are accepted, but I notice that if I click the actual "QuickWMC" application that I get the error "at least one arg must be given"

I've spent some time getting RCB working with my emulators (with a lot of help from the thread) but it's very similar to Advanced Launcher when launching command line programs. Here are some examples of emulator configs

Most of the time you can avoid the dos prompt

I messed around with the advanced launcher configs for a while and can't get the dos prompt out. There are a few options
  1. Add each *lnk* as it's own launcher
  2. Configure the launcher as a "standalone" rather than "files list"
  3. Or add the set as a files list with QuickWMC.exe as the launcher
  4. Then have AL scan for all the *lnk in whatever directory they are stored in

You can also add separate standalone launchers using the same file repeatedly (QuickWMC.exe) but give it additional command line args behind "%rom%" (more typical)

I checked the properties of each link, and RecordedTV (for example) shows it's target and recordedtv at the end separated by a space.

Advanced Launcher should be able to parse this (without the annoying command prompt) if your command args are either
  1. "%ROM%" recordedtv
  2. "%ROM% recordedtv"
  3. "%ROM%" -recordedtv
  4. %ROM% recordedtv

I tried all of those, and using "%ROM% recordedtv" works but doesn't actually push through. It opens some bizarre WMC shell without the actual Recorded TV page or menu. Exiting takes you back (as normal)

The other method of setting the entire *lnk directory as a files list using QuickWMC.exe as a launcher also works without the command prompt, but it delivers the same "empty" WMC shell.

The real pain is that a simple command line check of the full path separated by a single space from "recordedtv" (without quotes) launches everything just fine. For some unknown reason, I can't get Advanced Launcher to use that arg. If you select a LNK as a standalone then you'll continue getting the DOS prompt (even though after the short annoyance everything works)

Anyone know why? I'll also send Angelscry a PM
(2013-09-22, 07:52)Dark_Slayer Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 04:53)krustyreturns Wrote: Okay, so the "Quick" part of "QuickWMC" is a bit of a stretch.

You really can't get the starting of wmc to be much faster, that's just how long it takes to start up (at least I got rid of the start-up animation). There is an earlier post in this thread where a user said they were using event ghost to start the shortcut instead of advanced launcher, I doubt its much faster but I don't think you will get the dos window anymore.

I can't expect many to want to devote much time to this, but the dos prompt isn't an "Advanced Launcher Necessity"

Krusty, I've been watching this thread with anticipation, and can't wait for the PVR playback woes in XBMCs player to become streamlined. My primary HTPC doubles as a server, and after a 3 month trial run of NPVR/XBMC/Comcast, I've switched back to WMC. I've been using the QuickWMC version you have posted in this thread (linked from your skydrive).

I'm not really sure how the program arguments are accepted, but I notice that if I click the actual "QuickWMC" application that I get the error "at least one arg must be given"

I've spent some time getting RCB working with my emulators (with a lot of help from the thread) but it's very similar to Advanced Launcher when launching command line programs. Here are some examples of emulator configs

Most of the time you can avoid the dos prompt

I messed around with the advanced launcher configs for a while and can't get the dos prompt out. There are a few options

You can also add separate standalone launchers using the same file repeatedly (QuickWMC.exe) but give it additional command line args behind "%rom%" (more typical)

I checked the properties of each link, and RecordedTV (for example) shows it's target and recordedtv at the end separated by a space.

Advanced Launcher should be able to parse this (without the annoying command prompt) if your command args are either
  1. "%ROM%" recordedtv
  2. "%ROM% recordedtv"
  3. "%ROM%" -recordedtv
  4. %ROM% recordedtv

I tried all of those, and using "%ROM% recordedtv" works but doesn't actually push through. It opens some bizarre WMC shell without the actual Recorded TV page or menu. Exiting takes you back (as normal)

The other method of setting the entire *lnk directory as a files list using QuickWMC.exe as a launcher also works without the command prompt, but it delivers the same "empty" WMC shell.

The real pain is that a simple command line check of the full path separated by a single space from "recordedtv" (without quotes) launches everything just fine. For some unknown reason, I can't get Advanced Launcher to use that arg. If you select a LNK as a standalone then you'll continue getting the DOS prompt (even though after the short annoyance everything works)

Anyone know why? I'll also send Angelscry a PM

I have been just using Autohotkey with the following:

;Netflix WMC
!5::
Run, windowsmediacenterapp:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}?EntryPointParameters=
WinWait, Windows Media Center
WinActivate, Windows Media Center
WinWaitClose, Windows Media Center
WinRestore, XBMC
WinActivate, XBMC
;ExitApp
WinActivate, AutoHotkey.ahk
return

I commented out ExitApp. Not sure where I got that from or why it was needed.

This avoids the dos prompt. The !5:: is so it uses Alt-5 on my remote to start. Then I just use Alt-F4 to close the app with my remote.

Jeff
(2013-09-22, 07:52)Dark_Slayer Wrote: I can't expect many to want to devote much time to this, but the dos prompt isn't an "Advanced Launcher Necessity"
(2013-09-22, 07:52)Dark_Slayer Wrote: Most of the time you can avoid the dos prompt

If you define a bat file as application into Advanced Launcher, by default the related DOS prompt will be hidden.
There is an option into Advanced Launcher to reverse this (show the DOS prompt). The option is into settings > Debug menu.

(2013-09-22, 07:52)Dark_Slayer Wrote: Advanced Launcher should be able to parse this (without the annoying command prompt) if your command args are either
  1. "%ROM%" recordedtv
  2. "%ROM% recordedtv"
  3. "%ROM%" -recordedtv
  4. %ROM% recordedtv

The real pain is that a simple command line check of the full path separated by a single space from "recordedtv" (without quotes) launches everything just fine. For some unknown reason, I can't get Advanced Launcher to use that arg.
Into Advanced Launcher, by default .lnk files are automatically started using Explorer.exe. You need to disable this native .lnk support. For this, go into the context menu of your launcher > Edit Launcher > Advanced Modification > and disable "Shortcuts (.lnk) support" options. Then lnk shortcuts will be started by your executable application.

(2013-09-22, 07:52)Dark_Slayer Wrote: If you select a LNK as a standalone then you'll continue getting the DOS prompt (even though after the short annoyance everything works)
A .lnk file is not an application.
(2013-09-22, 07:52)Dark_Slayer Wrote: Advanced Launcher should be able to parse this (without the annoying command prompt) if your command args are either
  1. "%ROM%" recordedtv
  2. "%ROM% recordedtv"
  3. "%ROM%" -recordedtv
  4. %ROM% recordedtv

Remove the %ROM% part.

For me, the command args are, for example: "recordedtv" (without the quotes)

That works fine, with QuickWMC.exe set up as the launching application.
(2013-09-22, 15:29)Angelscry Wrote: Into Advanced Launcher, by default .lnk files are automatically started using Explorer.exe. You need to disable this native .lnk support. For this, go into the context menu of your launcher > Edit Launcher > Advanced Modification > and disable "Shortcuts (.lnk) support" options. Then lnk shortcuts will be started by your executable application.

(2013-09-22, 07:52)Dark_Slayer Wrote: If you select a LNK as a standalone then you'll continue getting the DOS prompt (even though after the short annoyance everything works)
A .lnk file is not an application.

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention I had already toggled that On/Off using the lnk as a standalone launcher. I had also tried toggling it off by setting up the .exe as a launcher and adding the directory of LNK files as a "Files List" for that launcher. Neither got it done, but MeMeMe's tip above did the trick

(2013-09-22, 18:40)MeMeMe Wrote:
  1. "%ROM%" recordedtv
  2. "%ROM% recordedtv"
  3. "%ROM%" -recordedtv
  4. %ROM% recordedtv

Remove the %ROM% part.

For me, the command args are, for example: "recordedtv" (without the quotes)

That works fine, with QuickWMC.exe set up as the launching application.

Excellent, no more command prompts Smile

I didn't even think to try that, but you can setup the exe as a standalone executable and edit the advanced arg line by replacing %ROM% with the appropriate target

Now just to find a suitable home screen widget to accompany the QuickWMC shortcuts

Big thanks to all for the replies and help
You're welcome! I actually had been stuck with the ms-dos box popping up too, till your post above, which made me wonder what would happen if I removed the %Rom%. So thanks to you too!
I see that your program is supported for the Raspberry PI Raspbmc.... Is there anyway to install this on Raspberry PI Xbian?
For what ever reason I cannot get Raspbmc to work on my Pi but Xbian works fine with my Pi.

Thanks
Love this project
(2013-10-27, 19:08)apollo753 Wrote: I see that your program is supported for the Raspberry PI Raspbmc.... Is there anyway to install this on Raspberry PI Xbian?
For what ever reason I cannot get Raspbmc to work on my Pi but Xbian works fine with my Pi.

Thanks
Love this project

Hi. This thread is supposed to be dead. You should post your question over here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...6&page=118

I don't know the answer but probably someone there will.
(2012-09-06, 02:53)Livin Wrote: XBMC plays wtv files directly

I am having problems with this and it just started overnight.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176764

Also I started getting "codec missing" error in WMC when I try to playback recorded shows/news, but then it disappears when I stop and play again few times. Any ideas? I wonder if this is connected to XBMC not being able to play .wtv files?
(2013-10-29, 05:40)hyde01 Wrote:
(2012-09-06, 02:53)Livin Wrote: XBMC plays wtv files directly

I am having problems with this and it just started overnight.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176764

Also I started getting "codec missing" error in WMC when I try to playback recorded shows/news, but then it disappears when I stop and play again few times. Any ideas? I wonder if this is connected to XBMC not being able to play .wtv files?

This thread is dead.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why not WMC as backend?11