• 19(current)
Why not WMC as backend?
(2013-05-29, 01:43)Cab121 Wrote: Actually as long as the backend views your front end as an extender then copy once content should play fine. It all comes down to "extender or net tuner"

Turning XBMC in to a WMC extender "the concept of wmc as a backend" then the holy grail of live TV and multi media playback had been achieved in this scenario. Cant wait!!!!

From my limited knowledge I thought that exactly is the issue. Only the Xbox is currently registered as an extender (all the rest have been discontinued) and anything else that tries playing the videos gets a grey screen. I was curious if Jeff had worked a way of embedding the secured playback from wmc.
Yea currently Xbox or Ceton Echo are the only extenders around. Interestingly the Echo is reportedly build with an Arm CPU. This makes things alot more port friendly for anyone who knows Unix to take a stab at it.

My hope following this project is if XBMC is viewed by WMC as an extender then it simply uses and shares the central machines resources. This also means useing a Raspberry Pi as a XBMC extender is possible and removes the tuner limitations. People like myself who follow the content rules in this applications are forced to use a extender if we want to share PVR scheduling and viewing. If I want to utilise all my tuners in a dynamic pool then extenders are required. If you want every TV to just be it's own machine then that's Network tuning.
What we're doing will not yield a bona fide WMC extender.
(2013-05-29, 04:33)JeffreyF Wrote: What we're doing will not yield a bona fide WMC extender.

Are you guys only trying to get the free channels working or are you focusing on copy-protected content as well? I'd be fine with only being able to view the copy-protected on my main media center.
The changes I'm making are in ffmpeg only for the time being, so nothing will change as far as copy protection is concerned.
(2013-05-29, 07:03)JeffreyF Wrote: The changes I'm making are in ffmpeg only for the time being, so nothing will change as far as copy protection is concerned.

For sure, thanks.
(2013-05-29, 07:03)JeffreyF Wrote: The changes I'm making are in ffmpeg only for the time being, so nothing will change as far as copy protection is concerned.

In ether case it's fantastic work.
In case anybody is wondering, TNT during the day plays Supernatural, Bones, and Castle non-stop. Undecided
Any new news?
Yeah! I got my MD this weekend! Big Grin
(2013-06-03, 00:47)JeffreyF Wrote: Yeah! I got my MD this weekend! Big Grin

Congrats! I truly mean that. As a teacher it is always awesome to see people reach for higher levels of education.
Thanks!

As for what people actually care about:

I've run into a problem for now, but I think I've got a hold on what's going on. We'll find out tomorrow if that's true. I need some sleep for now, it was a hectic weekend.
(2013-06-03, 00:47)JeffreyF Wrote: Yeah! I got my MD this weekend! Big Grin

Congrats my d00d!
Congrats to Jeff... oops, I mean 'Dr Jeff.'.

I have the wtv to ts conversion method of doing live tv working that is able to do both mpeg2 and h.264. Jeff's solution will be much better and hopefully faster, but this solution works until his is ready. Another anonymous developer (maybe he'll come forward too) has been working on porting the code to linux based clients, and he has identified a number of problems with my design that makes it not portable. That's the bad news, the good news is he has worked through most of the problems and we are almost there. Once this hurdle is passed, I think we can release the code to get wider feedback from brave souls willing to try it. If Jeff's code is not ready by then, it will be easy to fold it in a newer release when he has it ready. At least that is what I am thinking for now, but I am open to suggestions.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Curious is Jeff's solution utilizing the live stream or is he converting or utilizing the wtv file?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why not WMC as backend?11