Thoughts on mostly pre-built system (now w/pics!!!)
I'm planning on ordering my parts to build my system tomorrow. However, I ran across this site: http://www.ecosmartpc.com/ei5a63500.html and it pretty much has everything built into the case I'm looking for. From what I can tell...the only thing missing is: Case cooling fan, SSD and choosing how much RAM I'm going with.
This would probably save me a little over $50 from my original setup: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139417 I guess my only scare would be receiving something damaged in the shipping process. Your thoughtsHuh

UPDATE: Ok here are the pics, have a little time...I'm currently installing win7, but I'm REALLY happy about my purchase!

First the rig came in wonderful packaging...I really loved the little handle!
Next up AWESOME boxing really protects your htpc while in transit
Everything is out of the box!!!
SSD installed CPU fan running....temps are really great!

Thanks Dougie for all of your help! Next up XMBC install...
That's my site and I offer a few protections for you beyond my love and care putting together your barebones PC Smile. First, you pay through PayPal so you're protected by them of course. Second, I have a 7-day DOA and 14-day return policy. Third, and most important, you get free email tech-support. But, beyond the written policy, simply if something is broken, I will swap it, fix it, do whatever is needed to get your system working.

I am also a frequent poster here and on other HTPC forums.

For memory, there is an option on the site to add 4GB or 8GB DDR3-1866. If you're adding an SSD and/or 2.5" HDD I've found the CPU cooler sufficient for cooling and haven't found the need for any case fans. If you decide you want a case fan, I can recommend some.

Thanks.

That's awesome Dougie! Looks like I'm going to pull the trigger on this tomorrow.
Dougie is a great guy. Recommended.
Thanks...I pulled the trigger! I will post pics once I get everything setup!
(2012-09-04, 22:39)JoeBoyTexas Wrote: Thanks...I pulled the trigger! I will post pics once I get everything setup!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!
Something went out in the mail today! We all expect lots of pictures on Monday Smile.
Awesome! Man....you just made my weekend! Cannot Wait! Got some more goodies in today Big Grin

Just checked tracking and my Delivery Date is tomorrow, too!

Well...I didn't get my rig today. Good ole USPSSmile
I saw that status "Missent" today. I've never seen that before. Please let me know if you don't get it tomorrow.
Thanks Dougie! It's definitely not your fault....I've been talking to another customer and ours shipped out on the same day. He got his box and he's happy camper. Yeah...I saw that resent and I was like Huh? No worries, I'm sure it will be here tomorrow. Thanks for checking on me.
You're welcome. Some postmaster in Texas probably wouldn't like some yankee from New Hampshire calling him up and yelling at him anyway Smile.
I say go for it LOL! Quick little google search and I found this on the USPS site: "Missent The item was sent to an incorrect postal facility which cannot perform the final delivery. This incorrect action was made by USPS."
Pretty Cool. Look like some very nice HTPC's at a low price! My next one is coming from there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thoughts on mostly pre-built system (now w/pics!!!)0