Somebody selling Xbmc in the App Store?!
Hi Guys,

I just found this App in the store:
http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=xb...ehu89dDnMQ ( can't paste the exact Url because i'm on my ipad.)

The App is called Xbmc Xl and is selling for 7,99€/9,99$.
Its 46.4 MB big and seems to be first released today.
The screenshots seem to be from the ios version of xbmc ( i'm not sure.)

Somebody should check if its the real functional xbmc or just a remote, hoax or whatever..
No matter if its real or not, i think it has to be taken down.
The obvious reasons: somebody is trying to make profit of the work of the xbmc team & xbmc is most likely not compatible with the itunes licenses (like vlc).

The other App from this "Developer" also seems suspiciuos to me.
Its a screen Recording App. I don't think Apple permitts such apps, do they.

Update: He adjusted the price to 3,99€.
your right
I also found it on the Australian itunes App store for $10.49AU when did the search for xbmc xl.
if not approved some one is making money of the hard work of the xbmc teamHuh
The company name is Smart Baby Co. ltd
Not very smart if not approved
already on it.
definitely a hoax are some fishy about it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
please, everybody mail these bastards and demand the source code as your right under the gpl.
This is a very badly done version, it does not even run right. All libs were converted to static and looks like python too. There's no way to do this without massive source code changes. He MUST release both source code and any depends/make/xcode project changes.

Total Rip off and I expect he thinks that he will make a bundle of money and disappear.
I have added a comment/review to the german appstore for this app (unfortunatly one needs to buy that crap before). ATM its not visible because it seems to be moderated. But i hope that it will prevent further purchases (at least in the german appstore - to bad that the review section is appstore dependend and is only visible in the store where it was bought).

If someone wants to do it aswell on other appstores - please use this official text for it:

http://pastebin.com/kdgXkenU
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I can see your comments on it now

Here's his 'support' page with an email address - http://awesomereader.net/smartbaby/xbmc/
Unfortunately reviews does not appear in iTunes made with different languages... Apple should remove this App from all their stores!
its gone as it seems.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Somebody selling Xbmc in the App Store?!0