WIP LeapMotionGhost - xbmc control with LeapMotion
Hey there.
So i got my LeapMotion Controller on monday and after trying out all those demo tools i started coding myself.
(Wait! What the hell is a Leapmotion thingy? -> Go here)

The goal: I want to control my xbmc installation using the LeapMotion device.
I thought about the best way to do so, and cause i am already using EventGhost for my setup i started a plugin for EventGhost to receive LeapMotion inputs.

So, now i am proud to preset v0.2 of my plugin, still early testing but works pretty good already. Have a look and forgive my bad video quality:

If you would like to give it a try, download the files from here and place the folder called "LeapMotionGhost" in the EventGhost plugins directory, normally found at C:\Program Files(x86)\EventGhost\plugins

Hope to get some feedback from you. Smile
Great thing! +1
Thumbs Up 
Well done ! Time to order one. Right after I make up an excuse to convince wife about buying another gadget Undecided
Best installed in my chair Smile
(2013-08-07, 01:58)PatK Wrote: Best installed in my chair Smile
Yes, that is probably the best thing to do... as long as you watch tv in your chair. Wink
Need some logix to disable interaction in the wrong moments so it does not jump back or forward during playback...
(2013-08-08, 10:59)Lucleonhart Wrote:
(2013-08-07, 01:58)PatK Wrote: Best installed in my chair Smile
Yes, that is probably the best thing to do... as long as you watch tv in your chair. Wink
Need some logix to disable interaction in the wrong moments so it does not jump back or forward during playback...

I'm working on my own LeapMotion -> XBMC controller implementation (I thought i was the only crazy person who was planning on embedding it in a LazyBoy).
I used finger count and movement velocity to ignore unwanted commands, for example volume up/down and seek commands only work when all 5 fingers are detected by the device.

I'll post a video and a working alpha once i'm satisfied all is smooth.
Hello!

Great job! I think the idea is great.

I justo got my leapmotion today, I have never worked with eventghost before, so Im not really sure if I install it right.

First I copied the files, added LeapMotionGhost plug in, the devide was picking up my gestures in the log. but nothing happened in xbmc

So I did a little research, then added xbmc2 plug in, and added 6 macros to work with up, down, right, left, enter and backspace.

After that I can control XBMC with my leap motion, but is very frustating, specially with the up and down swipes, as soon as i swipe down and a down command is sent, also an up command is sent while I retreive my finger.

Once again great idea, and it works, but is not easy to use, did I installed it right?

I hope youfind my feedback useful.

(sorry for my english)
(2013-08-11, 05:39)Palalisimo Wrote: Hello!

Great job! I think the idea is great.

I justo got my leapmotion today, I have never worked with eventghost before, so Im not really sure if I install it right.

First I copied the files, added LeapMotionGhost plug in, the devide was picking up my gestures in the log. but nothing happened in xbmc

So I did a little research, then added xbmc2 plug in, and added 6 macros to work with up, down, right, left, enter and backspace.

After that I can control XBMC with my leap motion, but is very frustating, specially with the up and down swipes, as soon as i swipe down and a down command is sent, also an up command is sent while I retreive my finger.

Once again great idea, and it works, but is not easy to use, did I installed it right?

I hope youfind my feedback useful.

(sorry for my english)

I have the same problem as the user above. I did look into other xbmc plugins but didn't. I figure anything since the OP didn't mention anything...
Hi again!
Post from HuskyDude is pretty interesting using only gestures when all fingers are present, something like that was coming in my mind when added functions for actions during playback, because it would be super frustrating when the systems jumps back and forth when you move above the Leap...

I think EventGhost is pretty limited for this functionality, because you can not change the macros for XBMC is playing or not. Maybe a full features controller tool would be better.

What do you guys think?
And which gestures would make sense for you?

Currently my plugin uses the following:
* Move left (1 or more fingers) -> Swipe left
* Move right (1 or more fingers) -> Swipe right
* Move up (1 or more fingers) -> Swipe up
* Move down (1 or more fingers) -> Swipe down
* Quickly tap the air with one finger -> Select
* Move all five fingers up -> Back

If you have problems with accidentally done swipes, you may want to change the "threshold" value.
You can find it in the __init__.py file on line 73. The higher the value, the more movement is neccessary to trigger the swipe gesture.
You need to restart eventghost completely after changing the value.

Hope to hear from you again! Smile
Can I have some help please?
I have the leap motion. I downloaded eventghost and the plugin files you uploaded and put them in the plugin folder in the eventghost directory.
Now what? lol
I start event ghost. And the log doesn't recognize any movement over the leap. And won't control xbmc either.
Is there something else i have to do or add or enable for this to work?
Thanks in advance And great work!
Once you have added the plugin to the directory you will need to add it to your event ghost setup. Just click add plugin and you should find it in the list that's presented.
Oh of course.
Thanks! I got it so event ghost is reconizing it in the log Smile
But nothing is happening in Xbmc??
Nice! Been wanting to do this since the Leap was announced. Can't wait to give this a go.
Love the idea. I just wish this device was somewhat wireless as I don't like the idea of having a USB cable run along the floor from HTPC to couch.

I guess I'd have to look into WUSB, assuming it's financially feasible.
(2013-07-28, 17:21)Lucleonhart Wrote: Hey there.
So i got my LeapMotion Controller on monday and after trying out all those demo tools i started coding myself.
(Wait! What the hell is a Leapmotion thingy? -> Go here)

The goal: I want to control my xbmc installation using the LeapMotion device.
I thought about the best way to do so, and cause i am already using EventGhost for my setup i started a plugin for EventGhost to receive LeapMotion inputs.

So, now i am proud to preset v0.2 of my plugin, still early testing but works pretty good already. Have a look and forgive my bad video quality:

If you would like to give it a try, download the files from here and place the folder called "LeapMotionGhost" in the EventGhost plugins directory, normally found at C:\Program Files(x86)\EventGhost\plugins

Hope to get some feedback from you. Smile

Hi

I get to an empty location on your dropbox link. Can you please provide an updated link ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LeapMotionGhost - xbmc control with LeapMotion2