OS X No network after sleep (AKA: Unix error 34)
I've been trying to solve this issue for the better part of a year and am at a loss.
Every time I bring the Mini out of sleep mode and try to access a network share (SMB) the system will hang and eventually tell me the Network Connection was dropped on reset.

OSX: 10.6.8
Platform: Mac Mini (late 2010)
Install Method (DMG)
Ver: 11.0
Skin: Aeon Nox (this issue has recurred on default skin)

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/tY31JZPX

I'm not sure if this is exactly where it happens, but I believe this is a snapshot of what I have been constantly seeing.
Quote:1:28:26 T:2691675456 DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://JB:123456@NSERVE/Show%20Name%20%2d%20Namet%20Show%20%28DVR%29
01:28:26 T:2691675456 ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://JB:123456@NSERVE/Daily%20Show%20%2d%20Name%20Showt%20%28DVR%29'
unix_err:'34' error : 'Network dropped connection on reset'

Any help, suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
I am afraid I cannot be of much help here, but I do see this quite a lot as well on my MacMini if I leave XBMC running when I switch the whole thing into stand-by. The next time it starts up I often (but not always) get a "Network dropped ..." The Mac is on a LAN and XBMC re-establishes the network connection after a few seconds.
Any luck with this - the same thing happens with mine - pretty much the same spec - though I have AFP and SMB on a synology ds1812

Haven't managed to figure out a fix yet. If I bring it out of sleep and let it sit idle for about 3-5 minutes the chances of the error happening are less, but still occur. If anybody has any leads or thoughts it would be very much appreciated.
I finally found the fix for this, rather than using nfs protocol use AFP.... its faster and much better

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No network after sleep (AKA: Unix error 34)0