• 3(current)
Metropolis 2.0.0 release candidates -- call for testers!
(2012-09-12, 16:24)thewarm Wrote: I think I'll stick with the stock Metropolis for now (on my main HTPC). Which brings up another question. When the Metropolis 2.0 final is ready, will it overwrite/replace the current skin automatically?

Yes, it will overwrite it.

But I'd like to sort this out before release, obviously. And I'm not sure how sticking with the stock (I assume you mean 1.1.0?) helps you any, since it lacks the feature entirely that you're having issue with..

Let's try this.. can you remove the favourite link you have now from the Home Items section, turn on debugging, re-add it, and then try to click on the link you made? I'd like to see if there is anything in the log file when this fails.
09:35:39 T:2088 DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10025
09:35:40 T:2088 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Home.xml) ------
09:35:40 T:2088 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MyVideoNav.xml) ------
09:35:40 T:2088 INFO: Loading skin file: MyVideoNav.xml
09:35:40 T:2088 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ("D:\Singles",return)
09:35:40 T:2088 DEBUG: ParentPath = ["D:\Singles",return/]
09:35:40 T:2088 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting "D:\Singles",return
09:35:40 T:2088 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory("D:\Singles",return) failed
(2012-09-12, 18:44)thewarm Wrote: 09:35:40 T:2088 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting "D:\Singles",return
09:35:40 T:2088 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory("D:\Singles",return) failed

Um, this doesn't sound related to the skin at all -- XBMC itself is saying it cannot access that directory. Would you mind posting the rest of the log to pastebin.com or somewhere?

Only thing I can think of is some odd interaction on Windows (I only test on MacOSX and Linux). What version of XBMC are you using?

Are other Windows users having this problem?
Also, on line 284 of includes.xml, I changed <texture>$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Current.FanartCode),special://skin/extras/weather_icons/,.png]</texture> to <texture>$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Current.FanartCode),special://skin/extras/weather_icons2/,.png]</texture> now I show the "realistic" weather icons on the home screen.
I'm using Eden 11.0 Official release on Windows 7 32bit. BTW, I can launch "D:\Singles" from Favorites.
I closed and restarted XBMC, turned on debugging, tried to select Singles from the right side sub-menu. Still no go.
Here is my entire debug log Debug Log
Hope this helps.
Thank you, Steve
(2012-09-12, 19:07)thewarm Wrote: Also, on line 284 of includes.xml, I changed <texture>$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Current.FanartCode),special://skin/extras/weather_icons/,.png]</texture> to <texture>$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Current.FanartCode),special://skin/extras/weather_icons2/,.png]</texture> now I show the "realistic" weather icons on the home screen.

Just fixed this in git. It now will obey your configuration choice everywhere.

(2012-09-12, 19:07)thewarm Wrote: I'm using Eden 11.0 Official release on Windows 7 32bit. BTW, I can launch "D:\Singles" from Favorites.

I understand that you can, but your log is showing XBMC complaining that it can't when you launch it this way. Could you please post the whole log?
entire log posted.

BTW, I have added some more studio icons. Where do I upload them to add them to you GIT please?
(2012-09-12, 19:20)thewarm Wrote: BTW, I have added some more studio icons. Where do I upload them to add them to you GIT please?

Anywhere you want to post them, provided I can download them. Or you could fork the repo, make a branch, add them to a commit, and submit a pull request if you're familiar with git and github.
(2012-09-12, 19:22)jingai Wrote:
(2012-09-12, 19:20)thewarm Wrote: BTW, I have added some more studio icons. Where do I upload them to add them to you GIT please?

Anywhere you want to post them, provided I can download them. Or you could fork the repo, make a branch, add them to a commit, and submit a pull request if you're familiar with git and github.

I'll have to give the GIT a try.
Thanks again for taking the time to help be with this marvelous skin!
I have no idea if this is related to the skin, CDArt changes, or XBMC. After downloading logos for CDArt, I crashed twice with:

"ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/extras/studios/"

Thoughts?

Full logs here:

http://pastebin.com/H2G1xnyB

http://pastebin.com/vSzajZzM
I've added the "TV Guide" Add-On and configured it to work with my HDHomerun. I use OTA (Broadcast TV) and get the guide information with "mc2xml". Works great! BTW, I renamed it to "Live TV", added it to my Favorites, then was able to add it to the new TV Shows sub-menu.
The link in this post downloads version 1.9.2 and not the 2.0.0rc.

Is that right?
(2012-09-12, 22:28)rcrh Wrote: The link in this post downloads version 1.9.2 and not the 2.0.0rc.

Is that right?

Yes, 1.9.X = 2.0.0rcX. I'll update the original post too.
@thewarm, may I see your Favourites.xml file from your userdata folder? I want to compare it against my own.
(2012-09-12, 20:06)ixnu Wrote: I have no idea if this is related to the skin, CDArt changes, or XBMC. After downloading logos for CDArt, I crashed twice with:

"ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/extras/studios/"

Thoughts?

pastebin.com has been down for me all day, but I think your issue is related to the TV Show Next Aired addon. This addon has (for me at least) been broken in Frodo (by broken, I mean causing hangs/crashes like this) for a while. Are you perhaps running a Frodo nightly? If so, you will want to disable that addon in the Metropolis configuration.
my Favourites.xml

<favourites>
<favourite name="Music Videos" thumb="D:\Pictures\Folder Icons\Music Videos folderbkp.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;D:\\Music Videos\\&quot;)</favourite>
<favourite name="Pandora" thumb="C:\Users\Intel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\icon.png">RunScript(&quot;script.xbmc.pandora&quot;)</favourite>
<favourite name="Live TV" thumb="C:\Users\Intel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\icon.png">RunScript(&quot;script.tvguide&quot;)</favourite>
<favourite name="Singles" thumb="D:\Pictures\Folder Icons\Clips folderbkp.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;D:\\Singles\\&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>
@thewarm, the only difference between the entries in your favourites.xml and mine is that mine don't have quotes around the paths, like:

Code:
<favourite name="Test Patterns">ActivateWindow(10025,/Volumes/data/Videos/Test Patterns/)</favourite>

But, if it works from the Favourites dialog, it should be fine nonetheless. All I'm doing in the skin is using that text directly for the <onclick> tag like so:

Code:
<onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(HomeTVShows_Favourite1_Path)]</onclick>

Do the Playlist or Addon links also fail?

Also, if you could please, in your guisettings.xml, find the string "skin.metropolis.HomeTVShows_Favourite1_Path" and post that line here.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 2.0.0 release candidates -- call for testers!2