• 4(current)
Metropolis 2.0.0 release candidates -- call for testers!
Trying to launch the Singles folder fails

<setting type="string" name="skin.metropolis.svn.HomeTVShows_Favourite2_Label">Singles</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.metropolis.svn.HomeTVShows_Favourite2_Path">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;D:\Singles\&quot;,return)</setting>

The TV Guide add-on works correctly

<setting type="string" name="skin.metropolis.svn.HomeTVShows_Favourite1_Label">Live TV</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.metropolis.svn.HomeTVShows_Favourite1_Path">RunScript(&quot;script.tvguide&quot;)</setting>
I see what the problem is in your debug log.. it's not escaping the backslashes when it translates it:

Code:
10:11:09 T:3836   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating $INFO[Skin.String(HomeTVShows_Favourite2_Path)]
10:11:09 T:3836   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To ActivateWindow(10025,"D:\Singles\",return)
10:11:09 T:3836 WARNING: CUtil::SplitParams(10025,"D:\Singles\",return) - end of string while searching for ) or "

It should be:

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"D:\\Singles\\",return)

Note the double-backslash characters. Trying to figure out how to do this..
Interestingly, the way I'm doing it is the way that Transparency! and AeonMQ3 do it. I'm not sure why they haven't seen the same problem. Were your Favourites maybe added a while back when XBMC wrote them out differently than it does now?

Would you mind deleting your "D:\Singles" favourite, re-adding it, and then posting the corresponding line in favourites.xml here again?
Can someone with a Windows box try to reproduce thewarm's issue please?
Deleted Singles from Favorites.
Added it back.

<favourites>
<favourite name="Live TV" thumb="C:\Users\Intel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\icon.png">RunScript(&quot;script.tvguide&quot;)</favourite>
<favourite name="Singles" thumb="D:\Pictures\Folder Icons\Clips folderbkp.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;D:\\Singles\\&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>
(2012-09-13, 02:23)jingai Wrote: Can someone with a Windows box try to reproduce thewarm's issue please?

I can successfully add shortcuts to TV submenus from favorites that are directories. I tried three directories that where sourced as TV, movies, and none, respectively. All of them showed content as expected.

I'm running Win7 x32 on Eden with Metro RC2.
I found and fixed the problem with adding a folder (Singles) to the TV Shows sub-menu.

I had to remove the extra \ on each side of "Singles" in my Favourites.xml

was

<favourite name="Singles" thumb="D:\Pictures\Folder Icons\Singles.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;D:\\Singles\\&quot;)</favourite>

changed to

<favourite name="Singles" thumb="D:\Pictures\Folder Icons\Singles.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;D:\Singles\&quot;)</favourite>
I've been running this build for the last few days and i just love it Smile

One thing is "bugging" me though: shutdown does not work from the menu, neither from selecting it on the "main screen" nor from the submenu. I't just quits xbmc. Other skins work fine. Oddly enough, reboot works as it should.

I'm on Mac OS X Snow leopard (10.6). Please let me know if you need logs, i'll provide them.
(2012-09-13, 16:23)thewarm Wrote: I found and fixed the problem with adding a folder (Singles) to the TV Shows sub-menu.

I had to remove the extra \ on each side of "Singles" in my Favourites.xml

I kind of figured that would fix it, but I'm still curious as to why it put them there in the first place since it doesn't seem to for me (and at least one other Windows user here).

Huh
(2012-09-13, 22:11)Brainfrz Wrote: One thing is "bugging" me though: shutdown does not work from the menu, neither from selecting it on the "main screen" nor from the submenu. I't just quits xbmc. Other skins work fine. Oddly enough, reboot works as it should.

Have a look in Settings->System->Power Saving at the "Shutdown function" option. Is it set to Quit?
I installed latest RC (20120908 - 2.0.0rc2) & have observed that Theme Steampunk is not displaying in SKIN Settings, while in Colors Steampunk is there.
Can someone please check & guide me if I have done something wrong.
(2012-09-14, 15:58)vishek Wrote: I installed latest RC (20120908 - 2.0.0rc2) & have observed that Theme Steampunk is not displaying in SKIN Settings, while in Colors Steampunk is there.
Can someone please check & guide me if I have done something wrong.

You've done nothing wrong -- it is indeed missing. Stoli is trying to figure out what went wrong.
(2012-09-14, 14:00)jingai Wrote: Have a look in Settings->System->Power Saving at the "Shutdown function" option. Is it set to Quit?
It was! Setting it to "shutdown" fixed the issue.

Still keeps me wondering why other skins don't mind the setting, but at least this makes it work like it should Smile Thanks!
(2012-09-15, 11:46)Brainfrz Wrote:
(2012-09-14, 14:00)jingai Wrote: Have a look in Settings->System->Power Saving at the "Shutdown function" option. Is it set to Quit?
It was! Setting it to "shutdown" fixed the issue.

Still keeps me wondering why other skins don't mind the setting, but at least this makes it work like it should Smile Thanks!

They don't, but they should Wink That's why the setting is there, after all.
2.0.0rc3 released.
(2012-09-24, 14:53)jingai Wrote: 2.0.0rc3 released.

The link in the first post goes to a "file not found" page.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 2.0.0 release candidates -- call for testers!2