A6-3500 Build Checklist
Hey Guys,

I'm considering one of DougieFresh's E-I5 A6-3500 Barebones systems (http://www.ecosmartpc.com/ei5a63500.html) as a bedroom HTPC media extender that will access Unraid, and just wanted to get some community feedback to triple check it will meet my needs:

Remote Control ON/OFF w/ Rosewill Remote?
Rock solid 1080P Playback
3D playbackHuh
Windows 7 / OpenELEC compatible
Fluid navigation on HEAVY skins (MQ2, MQ3, MQ4)
Quiet enough for bedroom

I've got an itchy trigger finger, but wanted to get some feedback before making the purchase...

I've read pretty much all A6 Pack threads from start to finish...

Thanks,

Owen

Go for it! You'll enjoy your new machine.

IMHO,..I'd stick with Windows 7 (and actually we're gettign close to Windows 8 debut)
However,..I see nothing wrong with OpenELEC.
Good choice... Smile
The barebones is the famous A6-PACK in the E-i5 case so everything you've read is relevant.

I am glad you guys like the barebones. I was hoping it would make the A6-PACK easy for XBMC'ers. The more HTPC'ers and XBMC'ers the better!
(2012-09-05, 15:04)newoski Wrote: Hey Guys,

I'm considering one of DougieFresh's E-I5 A6-3500 Barebones systems (http://www.ecosmartpc.com/ei5a63500.html) as a bedroom HTPC media extender that will access Unraid, and just wanted to get some community feedback to triple check it will meet my needs:

Remote Control ON/OFF w/ Rosewill Remote?
Rock solid 1080P Playback
3D playbackHuh
Windows 7 / OpenELEC compatible
Fluid navigation on HEAVY skins (MQ2, MQ3, MQ4)
Quiet enough for bedroom

I've got an itchy trigger finger, but wanted to get some feedback before making the purchase...

I've read pretty much all A6 Pack threads from start to finish...

Thanks,

Owen
Great choice Owen! I have one of Doug's systems in route as week speak..."Six minutes....Six minutes" Cool
I've got a quite similar system (here) fanless cooled and I can assure you the A6-3500 is absolutely capable of handling this..and much more.

Mike

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-3500 Build Checklist0