MKV Subtitles start as enabled automatically?
Hi,

Not sure what's going on, but when I play a DVD rip in a Video_TS format the movie plays with the subtitles disabled by default. When I play the same movie converted to MKV (using handbrake), the subtitles are enabled when I start playing the movie. I can disable the subtitles and they go away, but not sure why they are starting up in the first place.

I used the apply to all movies (or whatever the option is called) via the OSD and it seems to fix it for all the movies currently in my collection but when I add another movie the subtitles are back on. Any ideas why this might be happening? Not the end of the world, but annoying at times Smile

Thanks
Are you checking the "forced" or "default" buttons when adding the subs in handbrake? I usually leave all those buttons unchecked in the subs tab, and have not seen the behavior you're describing before.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
The forced and defualt options were unchecked, I only selected the English track leaving the options blank. It happened most recently with a The Dark Knight (Blu Ray) and also with the regular DVDs. I'm currently conveting Star Trek I'm guessing it's going to do it again...
Maybe it is just designed behavior then. Since all movies already in your library are affected by the "use this setting as default" option, and only new titles are showing subs, it leads me to that conclusion. However, this does not happen to me, and I'm always adding new titles to the library. Post up a debug log and perhaps someone can glean some info from it. I seem to recall the "use as default" setting giving some others trouble as well.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Sounds great will do!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV Subtitles start as enabled automatically?0