• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Traktr - Updated traktutilities for frodo/eden
(2012-09-08, 15:41)seadog Wrote: SpoBo: I just installed Eden to try it again and I just launched eden, installed 1.0.0 from zip file, restarted XBMC and sync/scrobbling/etc. worked fine (using 11.0-6 eden)
I installed it via zip and it works! So Eden does indeed work perfectly. Thx man!! I'm set :p
OK hopefully if I did this correctly the website should now link to a repo you can download, install that repo and then you can install the 1.0.0 version of the plugin from that repo.

____IMPORTANT INFO____
You need to remove the old version first, first of all uninstall it in xbmc, then delete YOURXBMCHOME/addons/packages/traktr-1.0.0.zip, then install it via the repo, it should then autoupdate when I push new releases, you can still install the stand alone version though if you desire
Traktr - trakt utilities for eden/frodo with advanced ratings
(2012-09-08, 18:06)seadog Wrote: OK hopefully if I did this correctly the website should now link to a repo you can download, install that repo and then you can install the 1.0.0 version of the plugin from that repo.

Any chance of you using the official repo? Would dramatically increase the usage of traktr and make things much easier. Thanks for considering!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Seadog, installation from the repo worked perfectly. However, scrobbles are still not being synced to Trakt for me.....Trakt displays the currently viewed TV show or movie in my profile but that's it. However, I get the onscreen message on starting XBMC that Traktr is syncing ok for both movies and TV shows. It seems weird to me that Trakt immediately recognizes the currently playing movie/TV show but there's no record of scrobbles....that indicates to me that perhaps the sync isn't actually working after all despite the onscreen message in XBMC that sync has completed.

Do you have any thoughts on why scrobbles aren't being synced? Could it have anything to do with the fact I'm using 11.0 Eden on my aTV 2 and not a more recent version? Or another thought: could it be that the "Minimum percent watched to scrobble item" function is faulty? Mine is currently set to 0.00 and therefore everything I watch - even for 5 secs or less - should be scrobbling ok, but they're obviously not.

I just changed the "Minimum percent watched to display rate dialog" to 0.00 and watched 5 secs of a TV show....the rating dialog appeared, seemed to work fine and then submitted my rating ok.

EDIT: I just noticed that the scrobble worked for the TV show I submitted a rating for (see above). It seems that Traktr isn't submitting scrobbles for anything you don't rate. I then double-checked by watching 5 secs of a movie and then rated it....the scrobble appeared immediately in Trakt. So the issue is that scrobbles don't sync with Trakt unless you submit a rating. Is this the way you've designed Traktr to work? I would've thought that a scrobble should be synced regardless of whether a rating was given.
steve that's my plan eventually, though it has some eden-specific code that isn't allowed in the official repos so I'll have to wait until frodo's more popular

Maddcow, episodes/movies are only scrobbled if you watch them while the addon is running, if you're using the sync function to sync between trakt and xbmc they won't show up as scrobbles in your trakt.tv profile but their playcounts/collected statuses will be updated (that's how it's meant to work since scrobbles are to show what you're watching at a particular time and a sync is just to update xbmc/trakt either when you've added new content or something went wrong otherwise they should stay in sync automatically), I just tried it myself and starting a TV program causes it to appear as watching in my profile, stopping it causes it to be scrobbled (i.e a finished watching message is sent and it shows up in recent scrobbles) and then the rating dialogue shows up, rating is sent after the item is scrobbled so it shouldn't affect it. It might help if you tell me what you're doing then what you expect to happen (the more detail the better). Oh and if you haven't restarted xbmc since installing traktr you should do that, there's a small bug in the addon.xml that sets the "run when installed" script up incorrectly, a restart of xbmc fixes that (essentially scrobbling doesn't work until it's restarted)
Thanks heaps for that info. I've restarted XBMC a few times since installation so that wasn't the problem. I just turned off the Sync function and sure enough, my scrobbles were displayed instantly in my Trakt account and all is working perfectly now. It might be a good idea to mention in the Traktr add-on info that XBMC needs to be restarted after installation because this was another issue that initially caused me a few headaches until I restarted and then it worked.

It's a shame that streamed TV shows (haven't tried movies yet) don't seem to contain the necessary metadata to be scrobbled by Traktr (or maybe any scrobbling services??). Until I recently got the aTV, I'd always been a downloader but streaming is a much more attractive option for me now. I'd hoped that streamed episodes would work with Traktr/Trakt but they don't....at least not from IceFilms, 1Channel and watchseries.eu. Do you know of any decent streaming site add-ons that contain the necessary TV episode/Movie metadata for scrobbling?

(2012-09-09, 04:10)Maddcow Wrote: Thanks heaps for that info. I've restarted XBMC a few times since installation so that wasn't the problem. I just turned off the Sync function and sure enough, my scrobbles were displayed instantly in my Trakt account and all is working perfectly now. It might be a good idea to mention in the Traktr add-on info that XBMC needs to be restarted after installation because this was another issue that initially caused me a few headaches until I restarted and then it worked.

It's a shame that streamed TV shows (haven't tried movies yet) don't seem to contain the necessary metadata to be scrobbled by Traktr (or maybe any scrobbling services??). Until I recently got the aTV, I'd always been a downloader but streaming is a much more attractive option for me now. I'd hoped that streamed episodes would work with Traktr/Trakt but they don't....at least not from IceFilms, 1Channel and watchseries.eu. Do you know of any decent streaming site add-ons that contain the necessary TV episode/Movie metadata for scrobbling?

Scrobbling streaming stuff is on my list for 1.1.0 (which is probably a week or so away)

Also by disabling syncing do you mean the sync tv/movies on startup settings? Because they shouldn't stop scrobbling (and if they do it's a bug but I have no idea how they'd manage to cause that), they're there basically so that if you add for example a new movie to your XBMC library next time you restart xbmc it's added to your collection on trakt, (you can also do this using the manual sync buttons which are show when you launch the application from the addon menu in your skin)
Ah, that'll be absolutely fantastic if scrobbling streaming stuff is possible.

Yeah, I disabled the sync tv/movies on startup setting. I found that having this enabled was the reason my scrobbling wasn't working UNLESS I submitted a rating...then the scrobbling worked. As soon as I disabled the startup sync, scrobbling worked fine...rating or no rating.
(2012-09-09, 03:08)seadog Wrote: steve that's my plan eventually, though it has some eden-specific code that isn't allowed in the official repos so I'll have to wait until frodo's more popular

Thanks, this would be great. Your plugin works on both eden and frodo. Why would this not be allowed for the official repo?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
(2012-09-09, 10:25)steve1977 Wrote:
(2012-09-09, 03:08)seadog Wrote: steve that's my plan eventually, though it has some eden-specific code that isn't allowed in the official repos so I'll have to wait until frodo's more popular

Thanks, this would be great. Your plugin works on both eden and frodo. Why would this not be allowed for the official repo?

Because we say so Smile
There are good reasons even though it works
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-09-09, 10:32)Martijn Wrote: Because we say so Smile

Should any of these reasons prevent me from using traktr through the inofficial repo (e.g., security concerns)? I usually prefer only to use add-ons from the official repo as I assume the XBMC devs are making some form of quality and security control... Traktr is basically the only exception and your reply implies that I should reconsider?
(2012-09-09, 15:25)steve1977 Wrote:
(2012-09-09, 10:32)Martijn Wrote: Because we say so Smile

Should any of these reasons prevent me from using traktr through the inofficial repo (e.g., security concerns)? I usually prefer only to use add-ons from the official repo as I assume the XBMC devs are making some form of quality and security control... Traktr is basically the only exception and your reply implies that I should reconsider?

It just uses some methods we don't prefer to use. pre-Frodo has fixed this
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-09-09, 04:24)Maddcow Wrote: Ah, that'll be absolutely fantastic if scrobbling streaming stuff is possible.

Yeah, I disabled the sync tv/movies on startup setting. I found that having this enabled was the reason my scrobbling wasn't working UNLESS I submitted a rating...then the scrobbling worked. As soon as I disabled the startup sync, scrobbling worked fine...rating or no rating.

I cant seem to get scrobble to work. Tried to disable Sync on startup but i still get nothing after show finishes Sad

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2012-09-09, 19:57)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2012-09-09, 04:24)Maddcow Wrote: Ah, that'll be absolutely fantastic if scrobbling streaming stuff is possible.

I cant seem to get scrobble to work. Tried to disable Sync on startup but i still get nothing after show finishes Sad

Have you restarted after installing traktr, also which scrapers are you using for movies and tv?
Also, is scrobbling enabled in the settings (I think it defaults to off)
Its enabled...yes i restarted. IMDB for movies and TVDB for Shows. Manual sync works. I removed all other Traks that i had previously installed (Addon folder...\packages and Addon_data)

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Traktr - Updated traktutilities for frodo/eden2