Win Dolby Digital Plus on Frodo
Don't know is this help !
French HD channel are on DD+
It seems xbmc can decode it to lpcm , because it works if I don't check ac3 compatible
But it can't 'bit stream' it, if I check ac3 compatible.
(2013-02-07, 22:29)salora Wrote: Don't know is this help !
French HD channel are on DD+
It seems xbmc can decode it to lpcm , because it works if I don't check ac3 compatible
But it can't 'bit stream' it, if I check ac3 compatible.

I tried and failed. The video played in slow motion without audio.

Frodo on Win7 64bit with audio coming out of the HDMI of a AMD5450 gfx card.
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
Has this been fixed yet? perhaps on a nighlty??
I was hoping to get a status update on this too if possible.
Has this been fixed
I think DDDamian had been working on a fix, no idea of current status though.
Is it fixed with frodo 12.1?
Was it on the list?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
No it wasn't fixed.

Haven't seen a PR from DDDamian yet so perhaps he's still working on it.
DDDamian, are you close to a resolution? Let me know if you need more samples, I provided one in the previous page.
We all realize this is a dead format but judging from all the views this thread has received, a lot of people would appreciate a fix.
Many thanks.
Well i'm notre sure it's a dead format as a lot of TV provider use it for HD channels
This is the only thing stopping me from upgrading
Hi,

I´m a newbie and this is the first time I give a try to XBMC. I wasted 3 weeks searching info about bit-streaming audio (DD+) and at last I found that this great piece of software that is supposed to support PVR functionality.... does not support DD+...... a HDTV Brodcast standard..... so...
It is planned to be supported in a near future? I really don´t understand how can it be a released a multimedia software with PVR functionality without DD+; I cannot watch HDTV channels without turning off AC3.

Thank you and congratulations for you great work.

PD: Excuse my English is not good enough I´m from Spain.
(2013-04-16, 16:08)uepmonster Wrote: Hi,

I´m a newbie and this is the first time I give a try to XBMC. I wasted 3 weeks searching info about bit-streaming audio (DD+) and at last I found that this great piece of software that is supposed to support PVR functionality.... does not support DD+...... a HDTV Brodcast standard..... so...
It is planned to be supported in a near future? I really don´t understand how can it be a released a multimedia software with PVR functionality without DD+; I cannot watch HDTV channels without turning off AC3.

Hi, Uep' there is a stable versrion of Eden that plays Digital Plus just fine which I have been using since its release somewhere around Sept' of last year. I will try and post a link to it later if I can find it...
(2013-04-17, 11:05)mrhyde1969 Wrote:
(2013-04-16, 16:08)uepmonster Wrote: Hi,

Hi, Uep' there is a stable versrion of Eden that plays Digital Plus just fine which I have been using since its release somewhere around Sept' of last year. I will try and post a link to it later if I can find it...

I would really appreciate it mrhyde1969! I tried also Eden versions (from margro at http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...build.html) but I didn´t find one with PVR support that also supports DD+.

Hope you find it! And also hope that someday Frodo will support DD+ as it is a basic standard on Brodcasting HDTV.

Regards!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby Digital Plus on Frodo2